israe026

• Commented on Can a baby be too chubby?
    It's scary to think of obesity impacting today's youth. It's truly amazing to view the statistics of how more and more children are hitting obesity levels at a younger age. Do we really not know the impact being overweight has...
  • Commented on Distance Running and Hydration
    This is a very interesting blog entry. We're always so focused on drinking more water, but we never think of whether or not we are actually harming our performance. I think it's interesting that most people don't hydrate during their...
  • Commented on Harmful vitamins?
    The old daily vitamin argument - always so fun. I especially enjoyed one of your opening lines - about how you have unhealthy eating habits, and you hope that taking a vitamin would balance it out. I think that is...
  • Commented on Weight loss and maintenance in women
    I think this is a very interesting topic and one that is often misunderstood. People often think that physical activity is a a very cut and dry concept - "If i exercise for 45 minutes a day, I will lose...
  • Commented on Protein Supplementation and Resistance Training
    Personally, I think protein supplements are a waste of money, considering enough protein can be ingested through a healthy diet. I think a problem with protein supplements is that it gives people an excuse to not look at their diets:...
  • Commented on Have You Tried Barefoot Running
    A couple years ago Nike came out with the "Free" line, designed to mimic barefoot running. these running shoes use a heavily slitted running platform and no air cushioning, and rely on phylon foam as the sole cushioning system. They...
  • Commented on Wrestling and Weight Loss
    I think it's also important to consider the lifestyle choices a lot of college athletes make, including wrestlers. I have personally been around several U of M wrestlers that drink (a lot of) beer during the season, several times a...
  • Commented on Obesity among state's low-income teens nearly triple that of more affluent peers
    I don't think anyone can argue that obesity is not a problem in the United States. In my opinion, there are several reasons for the high obesity rates, but none is more important than lack of accountability. I am certainly...
  • Commented on Physical, mental, and emotional benefits of yoga
    I have done hot yoga a few times in the past and have learned a lot from it. one of the best ways a teacher has explained the benefits of hot yoga involved the body's ability to deal with stress....
  • Commented on Knee Injuries in Female Athletes
    You talk about the difference between trained and untrained female athletes, and how training can be beneficial in knee-injury prevention. You also mention that weight-lifting can help prevent knee-injuries. Considering the physiological differences between males and females - would they...
  • Posted Steroid Use to Understanding Kinesiology Research
    It's popular to fear steroids. After all, every person that uses steroids is a muscle-head, prone to violent mood swings, has shrinking testicles, and is likely to end up on the next season of Jersey Shore - right? Currently, the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from israe026

Following

Not following anyone