lewis706

• Commented on See a doctor? Or tough it out?
    I think when it comes to injuries and pain, the regular population lacks experience. Athletes hurt a lot, and get injured quite often, and yes, there is a difference between being hurt and being injured. As athletes, we understand why...
  • Posted Bariatric Surgery in Adolescents, seriously? to Understanding Kinesiology Research
    The topic of recent discussion, and controversy, is that of bariatric surgery, specifically in morbidly obese adolescents. I am absolutely beside myself at the thought of this, so please, forgive me now for my language. To even consider such a...
  • Commented on Exercise and Weight Loss
    It may just be my opinion, but it seems to me that people in today's society neglect the importance of the combination of both diet and exercise. If people start a diet, they think that is good enough and they...
  • Commented on Protein Supplementation and Resistance Training
    I am curious to see what your authors mean by "additional protein is not needed and indeed detrimental to an individuals health" because as of now tho only known side effects of too much protein is bloating and abnormal bowel...
  • Commented on Physical, mental, and emotional benefits of yoga
    I believe that yoga will become more and more prominent when the general public is exposed to all the benefits it has to offer. The research and evidence is there supporting the positive affect yoga has on the body, but...
  • Commented on Mental Toughness
    I think a huge factor in one's mental toughness is experience. Athletes all come from varying backgrounds and all have different ideas and training methods, that is what makes them unique and their experience shapes who they are and how...
  • Commented on Promoting Physical Education
    There are many flaws within the PE programs that schools are using today, but that is no reason to eliminate them out of the curriculum. It is essential for the youth to be educated about the benefits of physical activity...
  • Commented on Wrestling and Weight Loss
    I find it hard to believe that some wrestling coaches encourage such extreme methods of weight loss for their athletes, especially on junior high and high school teams. For starters, I am absolutely baffled at the idea of not eating...
  • Commented on Wired Kids Wired Bus
    We all spend enough time online, there is no need to make a bus wi-fi enabled, especially a school bus for children. One way this could be justified is if the network administrator were to set limitations and restrictions so...
  • Commented on INterval Training Can cut Exercise Hours Sharply
    I think interval training is a great way to get the most out of your workout, especially for aerobic activities. With the recent boom in the fitness industry, its surprising to me that so many fitness participants are still unaware...
  • Commented on Sitting and Death
    Not only sitting in the office or transit to the office, but what about the children in schools? I believe it is a local Mounds View school here in Minnesota that has taken out all their desk chairs in an...
  • Commented on Steroid Use
    I believe the main focus of cracking down on steroids in professional sports is because these athletes are icons in today's society. People of all ages look up to them and admire them, especially children. So yes, the educated and...
  • Commented on Shoulder Injury
    I think it is important to acknowledge the Functional Range of Motion (FRM) associated with specific sports in order to properly train and rehabilitate the shoulder joint. Certainly overhead athletes should be doing more shoulder exercises than non-overhead athletes and...
  • Commented on Explosive resistance training in older adults
    With all the evidence suggesting the benefits of resistance training in older adults, we now have to get them to participate in the training. We already know that it improves their strength, balance, bone stability, and overall health, but how...
  • Posted Genetically Engineering Elite Athletes to Understanding Kinesiology Research
    Ever since the emergence of sport long ago, athletes have always strived for perfection. In recent years, this pursuit of perfection has been aided by new technological advancements, bringing about new issues in sport. The issue of anabolic steroids has...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lewis706

Following

Not following anyone