gilbe417

• Commented on Distance Running and Hydration
    I completely understand water stops at marathon races, but at 5K races? I feel as though most people, especially runners in general, can complete 5K without proper hydration before and during a race. It is all about proper preparation for...
  • Commented on See a doctor? Or tough it out?
    Each person knows their body better than anyone else, so individuals should be responsible for making an appointment and going to see a doctor if that is what they feel. Although, I feel that there is a certain protocol of...
  • Commented on Youth Sports Specialization
    My sister played a variety of sports through middle school, however started specializing in volleyball as a freshman in high school. It was an incredible commitment by her and my parents. She played for her high school team, a local...
  • Commented on Have You Tried Barefoot Running
    I have read in a few magazines that barefoot running is the new thing as well. Nike started with their Free line years ago, and other shoe companies are joining the bandwagon. It makes sense that the foot would become...
  • Posted Harmful vitamins? to Understanding Kinesiology Research
    Harmful Daily Vitamins? When I was little, my mom always put a Flintstone Vitamin next to my bowl of cereal every morning before school. I did not mind, because it tasted really good and my mom told me that it...
  • Commented on Physical, mental, and emotional benefits of yoga
    I tried a type of yoga called Bikram yoga a couple years ago, and it was one of the more exhausting activities I have participated in. The yoga session included 20+ poses over an hour in a room heated to...
  • Commented on Wrestling and Weight Loss
    Wrestling is one of the more physically demanding organized sports that people can participate in, and trying to keep up with the physical demands while neglecting nutritional demands is not healthy. I do not know much about the regulations with...
  • Posted Stretching and power performance to Understanding Kinesiology Research
    Recently there has been a lot of news debating whether or not stretching before exercise is necessary. Growing up, coaches have stretching routines for every sport that youth participate in. Usually stretching occurs before and after an event. However, new...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from gilbe417

Following

Not following anyone