mitc0186

• Posted GENMOD vs. other procs to Houristics
    In simple linear models, PROC GENMOD gives different coefficient standard errors, and also seems to be working with different degrees of freedom than other procs. This may be due to use/non-use of maximum likelihood or 'bias correction'. Results from...
  • Posted Catching up to Houristics
    Oct 6 - TC marathon Oct 5 - Club boat pull, Julie's pasta party Oct 4 - Soap Factory Haunted basement Oct 3 - Murder at the Museum with the Whodunnits Oct 2 - Sailing with Sarah Oct 1 -...
  • Posted XX Nokomis to Houristics
    Exercise - Core 22, partial arm 22, swam Errand - None Fun - Swam Nokomis...
  • Posted Blahg to Houristics
    Exercise: None, yet. Errand: None, yet Fun: Dinner with Erika and Abby I took Keely to the dog park where she got over her fear of large bubbles. Then I wasted my Sunday on-line. Then I took her back to...
  • Posted 70th Birthday to Houristics
    Exercise: Ran Keely to the river and back Errand: None? Fun: Summit Ave walking tour and WAFrost with the family I went down to Harriet to help out with a capsize drill. We had to row out, the wind was...
  • Posted Blahg to Houristics
    Exercise: Core 22, leg 22 (Finally) Errand: Signed up to skipper on the OSS Fun: Walked Keely over to Jean's for dinner with all the aunts and uncles...
  • Posted TGIF to Houristics
    Exercise: Core 21, Errands: CSA, life jackets, massage appt, Fun:...
  • Posted Blahg to Houristics
    Exercise - Core 20, arm 20 Errand - Groceries Fun - None It seems like all I do is walk the dog, go to work, come home, walk the dog, run around for some errand or activity, make dinner, walk...
  • Posted Skip to my Lou to Houristics
    Errand: Farmer's market Exercise: Core 19 Fun: Skippered out Christy brought her son's horshoeing friend's daughter Helen to club night. I needed to skipper for a day, so I was skippering with them. Helen had taught sailing a few years...
  • Posted Picnics are no day at the beach to Houristics
    Exercise - core @ 18, swam 4 lengths at Nokomis Errand - Getting stuff for picnic Fun - PhD student picnic and swimming We chose to have our PhD student picnic on a day with temperatures in the mid to...
  • Posted Baseline-adjusted change score to Houristics
    This is generally a bad idea Y1-Yo = B1 + B2X + B3Yo Why might you do this? When can it bias results? See Glymour at al 2005. Regression to the mean: Horse racing: Note that if the predictor is...
  • Posted Change vs. Baseline-adjusted to Houristics
    Y1 = B1 + B2X + B3Yo is baseline adjusted model Y1-Yo = B1 + B2X is change model according to PH? Y1-B3Yo = B1 + B2X is change model according to JW? If change is the concept of interest...
  • Posted Monthly dinner to Houristics
    Errand - Grocery shopping Exercise - arms (16), ran to and from the river Fun - Monthly dinner I haven't had a really good night of sleep in a week, so I was worn out. Not much fun....
  • Posted I scream to Houristics
    Errand: Exercise: None Fun: Block club ice cream social at Louis and Andrew's More than a dozen people showed up for the social. We got to peak in the VW camper van, which is in great shape. I took two...
  • Posted The girl who sniffed the hornets' nest to Houristics
    Exercise Errand Fun Heading down the hill under the Lake Street bridge Keely ran off into the brush. I heard some weird shakes of her head, and I thought she was sneezing. I called her over to see what...
  • Posted Heave Ho 2! to Houristics
    Exercise - No Errand - No Fun - Sailing I sailed with Spencer (skipper for a day) and Paul Clausen in light winds. Spencer I sailed the whole time, while they mostly chatted about sailing and the club. I got...
  • Posted Non-significant findings to Houristics
    Something to think about when trying to publish non-significant results: Assuming no measurement/model error, statistically significant findings are caused by a real correlation or by random chance. The proportion of the two should be predetermined (alpha). Statistically non-significant findings may...
  • Posted B to Houristics
    Exercise Errand Fun Sailing? With one month to go, I'm scoring well in activities. Joining the sailing club and all of Julie's goodbye parties helped with that. Tangoing will put me over the top. I have also (very slowly) cleaned...
  • Posted Fit as a fiddle to Houristics
    Exercise - No Errand - Went with Julie to inspect hail repair and sign off on her new Fit, and did some garage cleaning to make space for it for a day. Fun - No...
  • Posted ... to Houristics
    13 isometrics, and some swimming Spent all day at the camper, then came back to find a message that Hilary was backing out of swimming tonight. Called Jessica and she preferred to skip, too. That was fine with me at...
  • Posted Clear sailing to Houristics
    I spent the morning on an MC in light and variable winds. Sarah was the skipper. She works for Wells Fargo mortgage and joined the club 5 years ago. She was the strictest so far in terms of getting...
  • Posted Keep on rollin' to Houristics
    I remember the first time I windsurfed on choppy water I felt the waves for hours after I came home. Last night I was still rocking a little when I went to bed, and I feel occasional bouts this...
  • Posted Shooting a rapids to Houristics
    Reuben and Melanie joined me and Julie for the final section of Minnehaha Creek, Louisiana Ave to France Ave. The water discharge is still high thanks to rain, around 230 cfs. I took Julie's kayak and she took a goodbye...
  • Posted National Night Out on Harriet (not Ave) to Houristics
    I figured NNO would be a bust since the two people in charge this year did not actually do anything except close the street the day of. One didn't even show up, I think. Anyhow, the wind was blowing...
  • Posted Winona rider to Houristics
    Took off from work and drove the convertible to Winona with Julie and Keely. It's neat - a town on an island. We climbed an overlook there and Barn Hill in Red Wing on the way back. A tiring...
  • Posted Mud to Houristics
    No exercise No errands Biked to the Riverview to see Mud, about a pair of boys who find a man on the run living on an island. They help him cobble together a boat. A slow moving and absorbing movie....
  • Posted X Nokomis to Houristics
    Replaced a window prop with a sturdier, better one. Yee-haw! Swam one way across Nokomis. Keely was frantically upset that Julie was walking her away from me. Then she was hyper all the walk back to the car. She's great...
  • Posted Blahg to Houristics
    Just worked on cleaning out the garage....
  • Posted Sailing is easy as pie. Throwing things out is not. to Houristics
    Day two of sailing was good. Winds were light at best, but the skipper Leif was a good teacher. Wasted the day in the garage, and Julie made a mulberry pie for Pie Party. On the drive home I...
  • Posted X Cedar to Houristics
    Sarah and I crossed Cedar twice tonight, Hidden to Peninsula and back. She didn't know about the counter-culture scene there, so I think she got a real kick out of it. It was a great night for swimming....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mitc0186

Following

Not following anyone