Matt Vollum

• Posted Such a luxury! to Treks Transform
    I feel like the time we have set aside for this has been tremendously valuable. I have done so many things that I feel will really enhance the experience for my students. My classes went fine with the hybrid method...
  • Posted Moving Forward to Treks Transform
    I seem to be mostly troubleshooting so far..which is actually exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to be able to play and learn (and fail) with technologies. I feel as if I am closer to creating a few...
  • Posted Fruitful Day to Treks Transform
    The information was very valuable for me today. I have thought of new ways to create assignments using Camtasia...and maybe not what it was really designed for but in a way that will benefit my students (I hope!). I also...
  • Commented on 2011 Cohort
    I enjoyed the learning from today. I am always surprised when what I think is actually not what is. Before the UMConnect presentation, I had an idea of using some synchronous online times with my classes. After the presentation, I...
  • Posted Glad to not be kicked out the first day! to Treks Transform
    I am excited to collaborate with everyone as I heard many interesting goals for this class, some of which I had not thought of but am very interested in as well....
  • Posted Test to Minnesota Physical Education
    TEst...
  • Posted Getting Close to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I am pretty confident that I have all the information that I need (always could be more but I cut myself off!) down on paper and am now revising and double checking it all. I made an outline of all...
  • Commented on Progress
    I did the same thing over the break. I found too many things that I felt did not fit well or were not exactly what I wanted. I went back through previous research once again to gain a better understanding...
  • Posted Peer Review to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I just printed and re-read my paper to get an overall idea of where I am at and how it is reading. I noticed that my paper today is vastly different than what it was when we did the peer...
  • Posted Stats to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    In looking at past research, it seems that the stats that I will need to use are the t-test. I really will be working with simple percentages and comparing those so my main statistics that I will need will be...
  • Commented on Methods
    I think you gave good rationale for using a survey: "collect data from as many people as possible and also to get data from races of different sizes" When discussing your rationale for using a survey you can also state...
  • Commented on Methods
    That is pretty much where I am at as well. I am trying to find prior research to help with both my survey but mostly the statistics. So far the best help to me has been a few prior studies...
  • Posted Progress to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Last week's peer review was a huge help in continuing with this project. It was very beneficial to receive feedback from some fresh eyes. Also I have had some good comments back from my prior blog entries and those have...
  • Commented on Progress
    I don't think you are alone in feeling as if you aren't organized or doing it correctly. I have not done any research writing in quite some time and feel that I have spent most of my time thinking about...
  • Commented on Articles and Progress
    I am feeling similar to you in how the project is coming together. I really think that getting some feedback and a different perspective on Thursday will go a long way in putting everything together..at least that is what I...
  • Posted Intro and progress to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I finally feel like I am making some sort of sense out of this project. I started with a huge random lit review but didn't feel like it all specifically pertained to my research question of athletes arrest rates. Now...
  • Posted Writing to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    So I got to the point where I just needed to stop looking for that "one last" article and began to write. The problem is that I still don't feel like I have a good idea of what the research...
  • Commented on Nick Janasik Research Problem
    Here is a journal article that you may be interested in. Here is the abstract: The purpose of this study was to examine the factors that head football coaches at NCAA Division IA universities use to evaluate a potential athlete...
  • Commented on Luke Silovich's Research problem and question
    I came across this journal article that may be of interest to you. Here is the abstract: Most NCAA Division I-A athletic departments produce athlete handbooks designed to provide departmental policies and procedures for the university's athletes and express the...
  • Commented on Michael Slate Research Problem & Question
    This is a great research area that I have been arguing with other PE teachers for years. I was a PE teacher and coach for 12 years and had many discussions with other teachers and coaches about the purpose of...
  • Posted Lit Review to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    For anyone who would like to get some good tips and learn more about searching databases for literature, Scott Marsalis was a great help. He is in the Cooke Hall lobby on Tuesdays from 2:30-4:00. He spent a lot of...
  • Commented on Christina Gilbert: Action Research Proposal
    It would be interesting to get a hold of the owners original business plan to see if they have followed it or if it addresses any of those issues. I would think that any bank/investor would carefully read the business...
    Very interesting topic. As a former AD (high school) we, as you can imagine, had a student code of conduct for our athletes. You talked about the code of conduct "sitting on a shelf" which for but a few of...
  • Posted Matt Vollum Research Issue to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I am having some trouble getting to a specific question within my broad research area of interest. Overall I am interested in fan behavior at sporting events and also deviance in athletes/sport. My thoughts, as I try to narrow to...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Matt Vollum

Following

Not following anyone