lhsu

• Posted The end...until next time to Treks Transform
    I'm glad for the opportunity to have participated in this workshop. I has provided the impetus and ideas for me to implement an idea that's been rattling around in my head for a while, but which I haven't been able...
  • Posted Almost done! to Treks Transform
    Several things have changed since a few weeks ago when we had our first introductory session. It doesn't look like I'll be teaching any online or hybrid courses soon, but I have learned about several tools that I think I...
  • Posted My muddled mind to Treks Transform
    My thoughts and plans since beginning this program have been changing and I'm not entirely sure where I'll end up. One thought I have right now is to be able to make quick screencasts that incorporate the drawing of pictures...
  • Posted A response to Interactivity to Treks Transform
    I think this was Ross' post. This also surprises me when I think about learning in my own field of physics. The apprenticeship model, with its reliance on learner-instructor and learner-learner interaction is such an integral part of effective physics...
  • Posted A lot to think about to Treks Transform
    Today certainly gave me a lot to think about in terms of course design. I had heard a lot about course design principles and such previously, but always in terms of the design of a face to face course. It...
  • Posted End of the distance learning conference to Treks Transform
    I was impressed by a project at Argosy University to standardize an assessment of all their courses, matching course objectives to program outcomes, designing assessments that are a natural part of the class, but also useful for determining whether or...
  • Posted Last day of the conference to Treks Transform
    Yesterday, I saw a couple of demonstrations where someone had built a virtual world for an environmental science course that students could navigate and interact with a limited number of avatars to complete various assignments (such as investigating the cause...
  • Posted Distance Ed conference to Treks Transform
    Morning of the second day. Yesterday was interesting. I went to a workshop in the morning about Quality Assessment and Quality Assurance. I don't think I heard anything that I hadn't before, but it is always nice to hear about...
  • Posted Excited to get started to Treks Transform
    Having had little experience with online courses, I'm excited to go to the Madison conference and see what others have done with online courses. I have a lot of experience with different techniques and curricula that support student engagement and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lhsu