atti0012

• Commented on Question Submission 13
    To answer this question in the most basic manner, you should just look at the two as boundaries, and intra-level reduction has to do with the issue of race....
  • Commented on Question Submission 13
    In Wimsatt's paper titled "Reductive Explanation: A Functional Account" there is a section talking about using lower level cases to explain upper level exceptional cases. He then goes on to explain that when one uses a lower level to explain...
  • Commented on Question Submission 12
    This is an interesting question because it deals with trying to eliminate the idea of reduction. I think for people who support replacement this would be an ideal, however I don't think its possible to do so since both are...
  • Commented on Question Submission 12
    In Ch. 1 of Hull's paper I appreciate the idea that science is a messy subject at times and doesn't have all the answers, yet can provide plenty of logical answers for many problems. The question I have comes from...
  • Commented on Question Submission 10
    In chapter four or Morange's book we are introduced to the Phage group. Max Delbruck appears to the leader of this group, and while Morange appears to give this man a lot of respect, I question how he planned on...
  • Commented on Question Submission 9
    This is an interesting question you have brought up here, I suppose to answer it in my opinion I would say that just because A theory is recognized at a certain point in time, doesn't mean that that theory still...
  • Commented on Question Submission 9
    In chapter two of Morange's book, I stumbled upon a conflict that is being expressed about Jan Sapp's book. Morange is clearly mad at Sapp for not questioning the cooked data obtained by Moewus, but I am wondering what he...
  • Commented on Question Submission 8
    Chapter 3 of Prof. Water's book has a section on genetic that has me confused. I understand the initial purpose is to inform one the genetic mapping is alot more complicated than just finding the position of certain jeans. However,...
  • Commented on Question Submission 7
    After reading chapter 3 of Prof. Water's manuscript, I find myself slightly confused on the significance of theory-driven and exploratory driven experiments. I understand that the idea of a exploratory is that it isn't based directly off a theory (It...
  • Commented on Question Submission 6
    To answer this question I believe it is important to take a look at the idea that the biological community struggles with this question. We must note that just because something fits to a model doesn't mean it wasn't manufactured...
  • Commented on Question Submission 6
    My question comes from chapter 2 of professor Waters "Why Genetics Succeed..." when he talks about how Morgan had the notion that one-gene one-characteristic seemed unlikely. This leaves me to question what professor Waters was talking about with the Gas...
  • Commented on Question Submission 5
    When you make the assumption that evolution would be turned on its head I am understanding that that would only be happen because it would then suggest that there may have been a "creator" for all of life. Personally I...
  • Commented on Question Submission 5
    My question comes from Prof. Griesemer's paper on the units of evolutionary transition. In the section labeled "Biological multiplication entails development" there is a question being raised on the explination of the "levels" of evolution. Maynard Smith and Szathm√°ry give...
  • Commented on Question Submission 4
    In the article by Sturtevant, it is discussed that there is an attempt being made to try to discover the distances between any two factors by using the cross-overs as an index. There is talk about how there is no...
  • Commented on Question Submission 3
    This is an interesting question to me because I feel like you bring up an interesting point, which could have potential to find the meaning of a potentially important question. I personally believe that Roux did not suspect chromosomes were...
  • Commented on Question Submission 3
    My question comes from the Boveri's paper "On Multipolar Mitosis as a Means of Analysis of the Cell Nucleus" when he says, "To be sure, the chromosomes as carriers of different qualities have to be present in each cell in...
  • Commented on Question Submission 2
    I Find this to be an interesting question because you are initially talking about how scientists were looking for observable differences, and then Moore brings up the fact that all living things have cells. This seems to make sense that...
  • Commented on Question Submission 1
    I find this to be an interesting question, because you question whether or not natural theologians accepted Darwin's theory, while I believe it to be possible for them to have accepted his theory, I find it highly unlikely that they...
  • Commented on Question Submission 1
    On the topic of forces mentioned in the Explanation and Evolution Among the Greeks, there is the idea that everything has order because of certain forces, and without them there would be disorder. With the addition of idea that God...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from atti0012

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page