Farhad Anklesaria

• Posted Techsmith Camtasia (as a Presenter alternative) to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    Camtasia for Mac or Camtasia Studio for Windows are screen and video recording apps for mac or windows. The recording and editing functions are more comprehensive than Camtasia Relay; users of Camtasia Relay will feel at home. This could be...
  • Commented on QR Codes
    I've done a good bit of digging and googling and reading - but I still can't say I've found good pedagogical uses for qr. Campus tours, yes. Museum guides, perhaps. Marketing to the "cool" set, yes. But teaching/learning, especially in...
  • Posted Derek Bruff's classroom-response-system bibliography to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    Derek Bruff has compiled a very comprehensive bibliography on classroom-response systems: http://cft.vanderbilt.edu/docs/classroom-response-system-clickers-bibliography/...
  • Posted My (rather broad) beat to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    My weekly beat seems to be rather indirect and broad. In no particular order, I browse Hacker News, the Register, the Inquirer, arstechnica, nytimes, nytimes blogs, bruce schneier's blog, the Economist blogs, the Atlantic blocs, the chronicle of higher ed,...
  • Posted Mendeley and Prezi/Prezi Meeting to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    Mendeley is a reference manager and academic "social" network, with a web-face as well as native apps (with reduced functionality) for macs, pcs, and linux. Prezi and Prezi Meeting are interesting presentation tools. So far these have been most interesting......
  • Commented on Strong and Weak Ties: A Discussion
    This was a rather dense document for someone not close to the social sciences :) Since I'm farthest away, let me expose my ignorance and summarize it in my simplistic terms. The roots of this paper: "weak and strong ties"...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Farhad Anklesaria