Patrick Haggerty

• Posted Testing RSS feed for Single Sourcing to EAT Test
    This is a Test This is a test to see how we can get all this to work We'll add some formatting here, like this list item And this list item And this one too Here's some larger than normal...
  • Posted Sliderocket.com as Adobe Presenter Replacement to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    Does it allow for Audio Narration? Yes, but there are limited capabilities to edit the audio track once it is inserted. Does it allow for auto-advance? Yes, it can advance based on mouse click, on a set timer, or on...
  • Posted A 2005 Evaluation from NC State University to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    In 2005, looks like NC State University did an evaluation of Presenter and popular peers . Looks like they thought Presenter was the best option, but lots of info on the competitors....
  • Posted Alternatives to Presenter to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    I use Presenter to develop our online orientations, so this is a topic close to my heart. Here's what I've looked at so far, and how they've faired: Presentation Engine Not impressed. The resulting presentations look more like poor flash-based...
  • Posted Glossary Up and Running! to OIT Knowledge Management
    I've added a page to the blog, which you can see in the right hand column below the Categories and Monthly Archives sections. The glossary is actually in Google Docs, and should be accessible and editable by anyone with an...
  • Commented on Glossary needed
    Got it up. I'll make a post about it....
  • Commented on Glossary needed
    I think that's a great idea. I'm not sure having it live on the blog would be best, though. Maybe a Google doc? We already have a shared folder for this project, so adding another doc there shouldn't be a...
  • Commented on Urgency versus Priority
    I like the distinction. Do you think it calls for a third workflow, or is it an important thing to keep in mind as the standard and urgent workflows are developed? It sounds like the urgent contributions I was thinking...
  • Posted Questions to ask the ITSM venders during Phil and Jody's Training to OIT Knowledge Management
    Post your questions in the comments. Feel free to discuss in the comments as well in case we want to flesh-out a question. I'll do my best to pick out the questions we're confident about and add them to the...
  • Posted DITA and Rapid Task Analysis to OIT Knowledge Management
    Here are two information organization/creation schema that we may want to take a look at/outright steal. DITA (Darwinian Information Typing Architecture) It's pretty detailed, and it technically is an XML methodology, but we wouldn't have to go all-in on it....
  • Posted Good (local) source of info: Brain Traffic, plus some stuff about Twitter to OIT Knowledge Management
    Nick Rosencrans - OIT Usability Services - brought the following site to my attention as part of our work in OIT's Emerging Academic Technologies workgroup: Brain Traffic (http://blog.braintraffic.com) It's a site that's primarily covers all things content management, including knowledge...
  • Posted First! to OIT Knowledge Management
    Hey all. Here's the blog for the Knowledge Mgmt group. Feel free to add posts, comment on posts, make recommendations, whatever will help us have better communication and collaboration between meetings. Enjoy!...
  • Commented on Where I Learn About Academic Technology
    Thanks for the excellent contributions. I've already started following a chunk of these and posted on a few of the articles they have. The Brain Traffic site will be especially useful to me as I work on content management strategies...
  • Commented on Mendeley and Prezi/Prezi Meeting
    Mendeley looks slick. Is it in the same space as something like Zotero or RefWorks, or something else altogether? Do you know if anyone at the U is using it, and what their experience has been? I've seen classmates in...
  • Posted Initial Tech interests - Communication Aggregators to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    The tech that I'm currently culling have a lot to do with how to sift through and organize all the different information streams I have. Email, Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds all have their own home if you don't jump...
  • Commented on My (not so) Insider Sources
    Oh, forgot one (also a relative n00b to my list): HackCollege (http://www.hackcollege.com/) - another Lifehacker-like site, but with a focus on college undergrads....
  • Posted My (not so) Insider Sources to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    Howdy everybody. I prowl a few sources for tech news, but not many dedicated to academic technology in higher ed, which is looking like a trend. Of the sources I'll list here, the ones I think warrant the most attention...
  • Posted WDT: Social Media in Formal University Communication to OIT EAT - The Appetizers
    Weekly Discussion Topic for Feb. 14, 2011 to Feb. 20, 2011 What roles do we think social media should play in the formal communications that take place at the University of Minnesota, and why? Some places we might want to...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Patrick Haggerty