casa0040

• Commented on DEATH SHROUD
    I thought the garment created for the death shroud to be beautiful in it's simplicity. I picked up on the spiral designs as being a metaphor for the life cycle. I thought the participatory nature of wrapping the body to...
  • Commented on BREATH
    I enjoyed seeing this project come full circle from the beginning of the semester. You really combined a lot of the things you have been talking about into one piece. The drawing of breath cycles is still such a beautiful...
  • Commented on HYDROPONIC CURTAIN
    Wow ladies. You took on quite the design project. I'm excited to see how this project progresses beyond the class. I enjoyed the thoughtful design. The piece integrated itself so well into the skyway window. I appreciated that the holes...
  • Commented on LAMP
    I enjoyed the pairing of the old, victorian style lamp with the suspended bits of the natural world. It makes me think about the use of the natural world in decoration and is illustrated in the design of the lamp...
  • Commented on LICHEN T SHIRT
    I kept thinking about the role of time in relation to this piece. The inevitable change due to the growth of the lichen makes this a temporal work. Everyday consumer objects like the tee-shirt are meant to be stable and...
  • Commented on KINETIC ANIMAL
    I found the movement of the animal's legs to be quite poetic and poignant. There is so much potential for this project to expand. I could see these type of kinetic sculptures/puppets being involved in the May Day Parade (which...
  • Commented on CISTERN
    This project did a wonderful job poetically enhancing the attributes of an existing space. The cool, echoey, concrete hallway became an enchanting cave whose sounds responded to the viewers. I admired how succinct the experience was for the viewer through...
  • Posted Laura & Kate / Sara & Christy to interdisciplinary collaborations :: the biological body
    Laura Hynes & Kate Casanova The "Living Room" project: a living performance space, bringing art and music to life. In the tradition of 18-19th c. "salon" concerts, we would create a salon/living room out of various living elements: a grass...
  • Posted Kate Casanova - skills & interests to interdisciplinary collaborations :: the biological body
    Skills Growing mushrooms Woodworking Metalworking Mold making - plaster, silicone Photoshop Digital photography Super 8 film making (soon!) Project management Interests Natural history Fungi Cephalopods Crustaceans Insects (currently cicadas) Entomophagy (insects as food) Animal husbandry: hermit crabs, insects Growing things:...
  • Posted Octopus to interdisciplinary collaborations :: the biological body
    I have been observing the activities (and sometimes lack thereof) of a Giant Pacific Octopus via webcam housed at the Hatfield Marine Science Center at Oregon State University. Here's the link to the Octocam if you're curious. She is a...
  • Posted Imaging Center to interdisciplinary collaborations :: the biological body
    The Imaging Center was amazing. On the microscope with the video camera (can't remember the name) we looked at the underside of a starfish and identified tiny, cube shaped salt crystals clinging to it from salt water. Sight is arguably...
  • Commented on The Fine Art of Creating Life
    "the psychic and physical barriers between art and living reality" As some have already stated, the boundary between art and living reality has become nearly indiscernible with the only distinction being the artist's intention. The meaning of art shifts and...
  • Posted 33% discount on Springboard for the Arts services to CLA: Department of Art
    Dear graduate students, Springboard for the Arts offers artists an excellent range of professional development resources and services, including individual consultations and workshops covering subjects such as portfolio development, marketing, taxes, documentation, fundraising and website design. We would like to...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from casa0040