pauls035

• Posted Appreciative to Treks Transform 2010
    I am so appreciative of the opportunities provided this week. I am convinced that the only way to "step in" is through immersion- and I am definately immersed. I appreciate the amount of tools and options and the many incredible...
  • Posted Hump Day to Treks Transform 2010
    I think I am over the hump :). In the past several days I have been overwhelmed, excited, frightened, motivated......I am sure you know the emotions. I just wanted to gather all the knowledge and the options from each of...
  • Posted Monday Reflection to Treks Transform 2010
    The Quality Matters session turned out to be a reassurance for me. A reassurance that those who traveled down the road of on-line course development before us, had some reflections and experiences that lead to standards. The standards are a...
  • Posted Best Teaching Practices in Distant Education to Treks Transform 2010
    Kathy Hayden - award recipient. By far the most informative session! Highlights and Ideas: www.inacol.org - list of Standards for a Quality On-line Course Important elements for an on-line course: Ice-breakers and group discussion Interactions and communications with the instructor...
  • Posted Gen Yers to Treks Transform 2010
    Who are they and how can we best connect to Generation Y: They are: Successful at Multi-Tasking Not bound by traditional time lines (8-5:00 work days) Respond best to VISUAL supports in learning Rely on instant and frequent feedback from...
  • Posted Adult On-Line Undergraduates to Treks Transform 2010
    This study presented by Betsy Bannier highlighted the key elements to engaging adult undergrads and promoting their success. The key elements listed by Bannier: Offer Problem-Based Learning Experiences Identifiy the students' motivation (extrinsic/intrinsic) Identify the students' Help-Seeking Behaviors Limit group-work...
  • Posted Engaging On-Line Learners - Author Discussion to Treks Transform 2010
    This was an interesting session in that the authors shared activities and anecdotal stories that engaged ME as well as their on-line audiences. They spoke of the importance of providing "ice breaking activities" (this was also noted by Katherine Hayden...
  • Posted Using Design Framework to Create a Sense of Presence to Treks Transform 2010
    Knowing that isolation is the catalyst for high drop out rates in on-line courses, I thought it would be wise to attend a session about creating presence. The authors of the book and presenters covers their theories - but again...
  • Posted E-Mentia to Treks Transform 2010
    "Technology can encourage humanity to reach their full potential" -Dr. Allen Take away points from session: It is the wise use of technology - not the technology- that results in success. Include CCAF in every on-line instructional tool: Context, Challenge,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from pauls035