mmorriss

• Posted Post-trekking to Treks Transform 2010
    I've been furiously trying to get my class together for the fall semester, but many, many, many interruptions! Still, I'm thinking differently about many things - both the potential offered through technology and some of the challenges as well. I...
  • Posted wish I could see . . . to Treks Transform 2010
    all of the things you will be presenting today. I'm not going to be joining you today, but I wish that I could be there to see all of the wonderful things that you are doing. I have been so...
  • Posted Privacy issues and adobe presenter to Treks Transform 2010
    I really liked the content we had yesterday. The stuff on privacy and permission issues was excellent! At the end, someone noted that the take away message seems to be "it depends." A good summary. I was excited about the...
  • Posted Tuesday - student interaction in online discussions to Treks Transform 2010
    I thought Michelle's presentation on online discussions was really helpful. I took away a lot of very practical information, including ideas about how I would integrate some of this into my class. What I learned right away was that I'm...
  • Posted Video Conferencing opportunities to Treks Transform 2010
    I went to a session this a.m. on video conferencing educaiton for day care providers. It was interesting - built on the session that I saw yesterday. This group did a live demonstration and they had a couple of their...
  • Posted WebConferencing for Veterinary CE to Treks Transform 2010
    This was an interesting session on a continuing ed program for vets. The two presenters from Texas A&M ran this CE program essentially as a grand rounds for vets focusing specifically on feline health. Okay - not the focus of...
  • Posted Blended learning to Treks Transform 2010
    Interesting presentation on blended learning. They mentioned the lack of a "strict" definition of "blended learning." One definition says that if 30% of the class is web-delivered, it's web-enhanced. When 30-80% is web-delivered, it is considered blended. More than 80%...
  • Posted demonstration D2 - to Treks Transform 2010
    I thought the demonstration on social networking was interesting. The presenter took us through his various tools for communcating with students, including things like sending blast messages to cell phones, connectons to his gmail calendar, etc. In many ways I...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mmorriss