duran026

• Posted Kitty Kat Day to Treks Transform 2010
    The day started with anticipation of Kitty Kat. The discussion on Web 2.0 and UMConnect challenged my assumptions about the use of technology and the difficulties that students face when interacting with a new technology or keeping up with the...
  • Posted Hump Day reflections to Treks Transform 2010
    Well, my mind was spinning with ideas again today. I accomplished a few minor things (created a google site with a unique header, made a test camtasia file explaining an excel spreadsheet, got camtasia and windows live movie maker working...
  • Posted Tuesday's blog to Treks Transform 2010
    Well, I had the question this morning about the difference between a blog, wiki, and Google docs for promoting collaboration. Five of us were able to work editing together on the same wiki and Google docs during our "play" time....
  • Posted Monday's thoughts to Treks Transform 2010
    Today was a very helpful day. I was able to create a survey using google docs. After another discussion on maximizing collaboration, I am convinced that I will develop tools in Moodle and Google docs to allow students to work...
  • Posted Some of the sessions I attended to Treks Transform 2010
    Google Wave: Wanting to dig in to technology for a hybrid class, I spent my afternoon at a session on using Google Wave and a teaching tool. What a ride? Having my computer in front of me and learning a...
  • Posted Orientation: Applicaitons of Distance Educations across the fields to Treks Transform 2010
    I attended the free introductory session that presented a comprehensive overview of the "morphs" of distance learning - from hybrid, topic and time guided distance learning where the group is keep in sync with assignments and assessment to individualized distance...
  • Posted First Session to Treks Transform 2010
    The first session was great. We discussed many issues from ping pong to communal living. We are looking forward to more technology discussions. . . especially technology for minimizing the effects of mosquito bites....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from duran026