rubbe025

• Posted Final Paper to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    For my Final Paper, I would like to write about the NFL Draft and how that applies to Modern Day Slavery and how close it is too it. Obviously they get paid millions of dollars and i will not focus...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Tuesday here!
    I got confused a little bit about what gamer really is? I play a lot of sport title games but nothing else pretty much. What does that make me? I also play maybe 2-4 hours a week. Is that a...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Thursday here!
    Its weird to think the Newspaper industry is dying in my personal opinion because i read the newspaper everyday. Ever since high school i would get dropped off at school and read almost every section of the paper. I do...
  • Commented on Being a Girl and Liking Sports
    Its weird to think that girls who want to play "masculine" sports gets frowned up but when men want to play a "feminine" sport there is not as much criticism about it. I love Volleyball but that is a woman's...
  • Commented on Post your DQs for Thursday here
    I think the author is an idiot. No because he is making this assumption of SLave trade and the NFL being similar but because he thinks it is modern day slavery. Players are actually being compensated for their actions instead...
  • Posted Killing Us Softly 4 Prompt to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I have seen this video over the years since i was in high school and it never gets old. The video definitely shows how women are treated in todays society and how bad the images are sending. We have ads...
  • Commented on Post Thursday DQs here!
    While reading the article, the only question I have is why is rape a fantasy? Why do men/ women get get off on this? When I see rape scenes on Law and Order, I get disgusted and wonder what the...
  • Commented on Post Thursday DQs here!
  • Posted Remy Recap to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I thought Remy coming to our class was very beneficial for the classes understanding and especially for my understanding. After treading the transgender article, I was very confused about a lot of the concepts. With Remy coming in, I was...
  • Commented on POST THURSDAY DQS HERE!!!
    As i read this article, I thought it was pretty interesting about how transgenders are portrayed in the media but i could not think any movies at first. Then I thought about it very hard and thought of Hangover 2,...
  • Posted Blog prompt - Matthew Rubbelke Week 5 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    So for my paper, I wrote about how masculinity is portrayed in todays culture through men's rap music. Most male rap songs are about money, women, and cars. All three of them have some sort of influence of masculinity....
  • Commented on POST TUESDAY DQS HERE!
    Last week Jackson Katz talked about African American men using a tough guy image as a way of defending themselves and earning respect from those around them. What was interesting to me about “There Are Bitches and Hoes” is they...
    While i was reading this article, I feel like this was nothing but a 4 page review of the episode. But overall it really made me open my eyes. The show makes you feel like she does not fit in...
  • Posted Blog Prompt - Matthew Rubbelke Week 4 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    Masculinity is a problem in society today because of the focus on womens rights. I believe women deserve the same rights as men but when you have 90 percent focused on men and 10 percent on women, if you were...
  • Commented on POST THURS DQS HERE!
    On pg. 582 of Butsch article, He states what you would see in most types of shows with certain types of families. Alcoholism, spouse abuse, children abandonment and such were the main topics in 1990's. Has that changed now days?...
  • Posted Blog Prompt - Matthew Rubbelke Week 3 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I believe the article, "Girls Gone Anti-Feminist" by Susan Douglas is an interesting article to say the least. Douglas writes about how media today does not portray women accurately. She is trying to show women that the media is trying...
    In the article Girls Gone Anti-Feminist, It brings up a grew point that i have been fighting for a while but it is shown in a whole new light. In the last segment titled "Trapped in the media funhouse", It...
  • Posted Blog Prompt - Matthew Rubbelke to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I believe I watch a lot of television and some movies with hegemonic traits taking place. I do like to think that I try to get a healthy dose of each though somehow in my life through articles on the...
    In the second article, "A Cultural Studies Approach to Media", It brings up Extreme Home Makeover. It talk about how the show represents a fairy tale ending to a less than fortunate family. What the show also forgets to mention...
  • Commented on DQs for Tuesday's class--REPLY HERE!
    I believe the status quo is changing because people can relate to the nerd more than the popular guy. Back in the day, You would have the popular guy that everyone knowingly wanted to become be the lead star and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rubbe025

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page