quinn275

• Commented on FINAL DQS FOR THE SEMESTER GO HERE.
    The fact that the word 'escape' was used makes me wonder. It's been known that girls have been plummeted into ideologies of fairy-tales since we were young (we can thank Walt Disney for that one). I just never used to...
  • Posted Make-up blog! to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I posted this as a response. Technology illiterate = me. I chose Option 2: Media Reform Organization Analysis 2. What specific texts and/or organization you are focusing on
 I chose to focus on a media reform organization called About-Face. About-Face...
  • Commented on Blog Prompt- Sports
    That's awesome you get to watch your son play sports! I've always been an extremely active person (softball, dance, tennis, track were my main sports) and I've always considered myself lucky. Last year right before the Gopher dance team tryouts...
  • Commented on War Made easy response
    I agree with all three of you actually, to the T. I have always been extremely skeptical about news coverage with government issues, especially war. The documentary we watched in class completely confirmed my preconceived notions about what I view...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Thursday here!
    It is absolutely zero surprise to me that newspapers are declining. A majority of people get their news from online sources now, the only problem I see is the validity of what we find online. There have been numerous of...
  • Commented on Killing Us Softly 4 Prompt
    I have also seen clips and segments of quite a few of the "Killing Us Softly" videos since I started college. It's hard to tell what exactly I think about Kilbourne because I do agree with many things she aruges,...
  • Posted Candy Fixations Blog to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    In class on Tuesday, my group analyzed an ad for TIGI Bed Head Candy Fixations hair products. The ad itself was very vibrant and definitely caught the viewer's attention instantly. The background was red and the entire color scheme played...
  • Commented on Post Thursday DQs here!
    McElroy mentions in her reading that porn "helps" couples. What exactly does she mean by this? Does it help monogamy by implementing fantasy for individual partners or does it help by watching it together? I ask this because most articles...
  • Commented on Blog Post 6
    Ellie, agree with you actually. I even live with a gay roommate and I still had a hard time understanding transgender. I talked to him a couple times about it but he also made them out to be a little...
  • Commented on POST THURSDAY DQS HERE!!!
    Xiong891 I was wondering the same thing myself, I found myself re-reading that part more than once and still being confused exactly what it means to have a "flexible body" in the transgender world. However, I was mostly wondering about...
  • Commented on Week four blog prompt response
    I definitely agree with Michelle, as a woman also I definitely prefer to see a man that isn't afraid to show a little emotion. All of the men in my family however do have the "tough guise" act and that's...
  • Commented on Blog Prompt- Feminism
    I agree to an extent about what Douglas is saying about how we shouldn't consider this an ending point to women's equality, but I feel as if she isn't shedding enough light on how far we have came. I also...
    In the article "Girls Gone Anti-Feminism", Douglas mentions another force besides media fantasies about woman empowerment that has gained momentum- enlightened sexism. According to Douglas, enlightened sexism is a response to the threat of a new gender regime. This new...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from quinn275

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page