Molly Zuzek

• Commented on FINAL DQS FOR THE SEMESTER GO HERE.
    After reading these pieces I couldn't help but relate romance novels to reality tv. My questions are comparing the two. Right now there are a lot of haters of reality tv, was their equal amount of haters when romance novels...
  • Commented on Make-up blog post week 3 feminism/post feminism
    I agree with Douglas too for the most part. One part that I particularly agree with is the crazy power tripping female bosses. (Devil Wears Prada example) I have worked for two female bosses now and both are so hard...
  • Posted make up blog prompt- final paper to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    Prompt Redo For this week, I want you to explain what you are writing about for your final paper. Some things to touch on: 1. What option you chose I chose the section option. In picking the counter hegemonic media...
  • Posted thought this picture was fitting for class to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
  • Commented on Post DQs for Thursday here!
    I am currently in a marketing class, and we learned about the customer life cycles. When reading the piece from the reader, this made me wonder. Are the people that appreciate classic media forms considered laggards? Also trends tend to...
  • Commented on Sports Blog
    I agree too. i played soccer and people would say that I'm gay too, i don't get it I'm a girl! Props for staying in it, I hope your team was better then mine, cause that makes the ridicule much...
  • Posted my life and sports to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I have played soccer sense I was able to walk. In my house it was the sport to play. Both me and my sister were coached by my dad, and we both went on to play in school. In...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Tuesday here!
    I was a little unclear about what the article was trying to prove. Was it pointing out that sense they are black women athletes they are being critiqued or is it because muscular large women athletes?...
  • Posted Ad prompt to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    In class on the Tuesday I brought in the ever so classy, Softcups ad. I feel that this ad demonstrates more then one sign. One is that periods are gross as a sign, the signfier could be that she is...
  • Commented on Response to Ad Blog Prompt for this week
    this is right on with what we were talking about in class. I was also thinking that the car could be white because white is seen as heavenly and if that is the case the sky in the background could...
  • Commented on Post Thursday DQs here!
    I did notice a lot more pornification in the media I watched after doing the readings. In Caputi's piece she says that pornography is about power and dehumanization, is she saying the power of the viewer or the power of...
  • Commented on Response for Blog Prompt on Remy's Visit
    I completely agree with what you have said. I also really admired how passionate Remy was, I don't I am that passionate about anything let alone about a taboo topic. I really enjoyed also that for that day at least,...
  • Posted The Remy Prompt to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    1. I guess I had learned about the other chromosomal match ups in high school, but it is something you learn and forget. I was also shocked at how common it really is. I was also surprised that there...
  • Commented on POST TUESDAY DQS HERE!
    Is the show more shocking to you as is or if they would have shown Frankie being focused on monogamy? (being that the stereotypical way of showing gays and lesbians is be promiscuous)...
  • Commented on Blog Post 5
    Oh that makes sense, didn't mean to rip on your opinion. Some of the crazy responses i read though, people got really angry. I was watching Kanye videos and I think this one is a good counter argument to the...
  • Commented on Blog Post 5
  • Commented on Blog Post 5
    Your link led me to a search of peoples responses to the video, and here is my response. Personally I think people need to chill about this video. People seem to forget that music videos are an art form, whether...
  • Commented on Blog prompt for this week: your research
    1. I pick media that I know and am interested. For the second section paper I was able to do a little research on a variety of music, all of which I am fond of. I choose my media by...
  • Commented on POST TUESDAY DQS HERE!
    Just wanted to point out 2 things first. In the SVU article I am proud to say I have seen ever episode they refer to in the article. And in the "Love the way you lie," article she says, "...the...
  • Posted Response to Stern161 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    After watching the Alicia Keys video "Unthinkable" and reading the blog post by Thea Lim, I am wondering how the video would have changed if it would have been white men threatening and being aggressive towards a black boyfriend (given...
  • Commented on POST TUESDAY DQS HERE!
    Have you ever had a time when you were complaining about a rough week that is coming up, and your friend has to make her week seem harder just to top you. In the "There Are Bitch and Hoes," article...
  • Commented on TOUGH GUISE
    I completely agree with comment, that this tough guise approach is still very much what is popular culture today. One thing I have noticed is the growing popularity of weaker men, especially depending what scene you are in. For example...
  • Commented on "Describe the emotional expectations of men"
    i think it is interesting that you brought up his steroid use. I agree with you that owning up to his steroid use was a good example for society, he could have been ashamed about his decision but he owned...
  • Posted Feminism commercial to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9LTRbWsGOI This commercial demonstrates what we talked about last week...
  • Posted Manly Men to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    In the movie Tough Guise we see the image of the Marlboro Man. This guy is the lone ranger, he doesn't need anyone else and is completely independent. This is showing men that emotions are nonexistent. Men should be...
  • Commented on POST TUESDAY DQS HERE!
    Both Run's House, and Fatherhood fill a gap in family structures that were missing from television. This made me curious, are their any other family structures missing from TV. I couldn't think of an example of a successful single parent...
  • Commented on Response to Blog Prompt- Feminism
    I also thought the argument was strong when using modern media reference because it is something I can definitely understand and relate to. I really like the commercial you posted, it relates so strongly to what we have been talking...
  • Posted Response- Week 9/20 and 9/22 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    In "Girls Gone Anti-Feminist," the author Susan Douglas is trying to inform the women of this generation that we have lost sight of what feminism is. The original fight of feminist was for gender equality. Women wanted to vote,...
  • Posted Rap songs that aren't degrading to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I found a rap song that not only doesn't refer to women as "bitch" but he addresses the fact that other rappers do. In Lupe Fiasco's "Hurt Me Soul," he says "I used to hate hip-hop... yup, because the women...
  • Posted DQ- For Tuesday 9/21 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I appreciate the fact that Lauryn Hill is a proud black mother. I am only having an issue in understanding; what the difference is between just being a mother and being a black mother?...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Molly Zuzek

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page