liefs003

• Posted Pop to Section 25 Psych 1001
    The topic of social psychology is itself less interesting than the questions it begs of socio-/population biology at large. To my mind, we take for granted such concepts as central planning and specialized knowledge, and our estimation of the...
  • Commented on Brain Preferences
    I'm just a sucker for infographics, and that I can follow the link the BDI site is doubly fun....
  • Favorited Brain Preferences on Section 25 Psych 1001
  • Commented on Nature vs. Nuture
    I was immediately drawn to the embedded video, and I like Michio Kaku, who I recognize from his spots on several Discovery networks shows. Then I read the post; it's alright. The vid got me....
  • Favorited Nature vs. Nuture on Section 25 Psych 1001
  • Commented on Does TV Crime Equal Real-life Time?
    This is interesting in that I've always been piqued by this discussion, and believe it's a silly argument-the supposed connection, not your writing. It's a talking point advanced by Joyce Foundation malcontents with too much free time and entirely too...
  • Favorited Does TV Crime Equal Real-life Time? on Section 25 Psych 1001
  • Posted The War on Science to Section 25 Psych 1001
    I posted recently about my displeasure with news media's--and in that case, Congress'--gross scientific illiteracy and the societal damage it promulgates. This week grand reportage strikes again. Radio listeners and internet news readers among you likely learned about a...
  • Posted The Man I Killed That I Didn't to Section 25 Psych 1001
          On the topic of memory this week I was particularly stirred, and not only in my capacity as an amateur psychologist, but very much as a product of my personal experience addressing false memories. After suffering significant confabulations...
  • Commented on Nature argument for Video Games
    Cool. What would be cooler is a link to the article. I'd like to know if people with diminished basal nuclei function, and without explanatory injury, are congenitally impaired or simply apathetic, i.e. they don't game enough....
  • Commented on Can Dogs Shed Some Light on Nature vs. Nurture?
    Weighing the information given, and presuming its completeness, I believe the assignation of causation is clear. Also, I can't help but amusedly observe that Man had been breeding animals for desired traits for at least 5000 years before the trailblazers...
  • Commented on Is your brain full?
    Good concision. Nevertheless, I remember that in your Writing 1 post you explained that your employer arranged for your own assessment. Understanding that the length of our posts is constrained, I'd still like to know what the HBDI had to...
  • Posted If "we can't keep guns from terrorists", it's because liberal columnists suck at science (and arithmetic) to Section 25 Psych 1001
    Enter the useful innocent. That's Peter King, another well-meaning and hopelessly befuddled Republican who can't help assuming good faith on the other side of the aisle. His song lately: due process is no longer useful to society, and we...
  • Commented on <em>iSad</em>
    I must break ranks here and assert that I'm not overflowing with love for Steve Jobs, and insist that you don't get me wrong. I appreciate his legacy insofar as I admire Curtis Lemay: both of them inspiring men, and...
  • Posted Rain Dance: The Curious Case of Congress and Magical Thinking to Section 25 Psych 1001
      Enter the useful innocent.  That's Peter King, another well-meaning and hopelessly befuddled Republican who can't help assuming good faith on the other side of the aisle.  His song this year: due process is no longer useful to society, and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from liefs003