mehlh017

• Posted The Best Deal Around! (Makeup for 12/01/11) to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    In chapter 13 of our text books, they discuss certain persuasion techniques that are usual when trying to get things you want. The three most common that they discussed are foot-in-the-door, door-in-the-face, and low-balling. When I first read about them...
  • Posted Risky Business to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    After reading the "Addictive Personality" article that Professor Wlaschin posted in his last blog post, I found it very interesting that many successful and extroverted type people have similar personality traits compared to addicts. Addicts are people who are seen...
  • Posted Pump It Up! to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    There's two minutes left in the game and your team is down by 2 points, so what do you do ? You get on your feet and cheer for your team of course! In chapter 11 of our books, they...
  • Posted My sister is not a zombie. to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    After reading the chapter in our textbook about consciousness, I learned many myths and truths about sleeping. However, I did not need the book to tell me that people who sleepwalk are not zombies, like you see in the movies,...
  • Posted Innocent or Psychopathic? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    After reading some of the articles that were posted and learning that since the amygdala controls many emotional responses, I wondered what would happen if there was some sort of damage to it? So I did some research and found...
  • Posted The Amygdala and Psychopathy to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    After reading some of the articles that were posted and learning that since the amygdala controls many emotional responses, what would happen if there was some sort of damage to it? The first thing that came to mind was psychopathy,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mehlh017