erics096

• Posted Solitary Confinement. Torture? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Have you ever felt very stressed and sad when you've been by yourself for a just a few hours? Everyone needs some alone time once in awhile but as humans, we all suffer when we aren't around others for...
  • Posted Victim of Rape, Victim of Involuntary Sterilization to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    (Make up for discussion 12-1-11) After reading about the eugenics movement in the United States, I have looked further into this horrifying part of our recent history. Recently in North Carolina, victims of involuntary sterilizations during the eugenics movement...
  • Posted Walk That Walk to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Physical attractiveness plays a major role in overall attractiveness to another person. People that are more physically attractive tend to be more popular and have more physically attractive partners that people that are physically unattractive. Scientists have found that...
  • Posted What if today was just another re-run? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Ever since I watched 50 First Dates for the first time I have become very interested in memory loss. From studying memory in the past week I have learned a lot about the different types of memories. Drew Barrymore's character...
  • Posted Got Milk? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    After learning of the many ways an experimental design can deliver inaccurate results(such as; participants not being selected randomly, biases and not ruling out rival hypothesis), I have become skeptical of many scientific claims. Many new studies bear results...
     After learning of the many ways in which an experimental design can deliver inaccurate results, I have become skeptical of many scientific claims. Some of the errors in scientific studies include participants not being selected randomly, biases of the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from erics096