will3602

• Commented on Nazi Crimes
    To this day, I still don't understand how the Nazis did what they did. How do you kill so many other human beings? Maybe they were all mentally perturbed in one way or another--not necessarily a diagnosed illness but just...
  • Commented on Inmate Isolation
    This is an interesting idea--I've thought about it this way before. However, it would seem as though keeping a person who is mentally disturbed before entering prison would experience even more sever disturbances once left alone. Maybe their punishment should...
  • Commented on Run for your life...it's a cult!!
    This is interesting to blog about. I know when I was younger, I didn't really understand how devastating a cult can be sometimes. Do you think that a cult could be good in some ways though, too?...
  • Commented on Depression and College
    You know freem467, I completely agree with everything that you are saying. I know during the fall of freshman year of college, I'm pretty sure I was mildly depressed and I say that because when I look back on it...
  • Commented on Do you have a phobia?
    I didn't realize there was a phobia such as cynophobia out there but I guess a person could have a phobia to pretty much anything. This is just a less common phobia--not heard of too much....
  • Commented on Risky Business
    I think this is so fascinating how you linked these two ideas together. Well done and thanks for blogging about this!! :)...
  • Favorited Risky Business on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Military Dogs with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
    I had no idea that this was happening! Thanks for bloggin about it. I hope people realize that PTSD is for real and that it happens more often than we think--even in minor ways....
  • Favorited Military Dogs with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Taurus: Stubborn, Dependable, Stable, and Possessive.
    Don't worry burke471, you're not alone! I also find horoscopes and astrology sort of interesting. However, it truly seems bogus in some essences....
  • Favorited Taurus: Stubborn, Dependable, Stable, and Possessive. on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Posted Conformity to Kill to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Why is it that we as a society feel the need to conform to the status quo? The Stanford Prison Study was provocatively interesting in the respect that these study participants took on the roles that they were assigned....
  • Commented on Does Optimism = Less Stress?
    I'm so glad you blogged about this! I am a biochemistry major myself and taking 18 credits this semester. I was just reflecting the other day and realizing that although I have one of the toughest credit loads I've ever...
  • Favorited Does Optimism = Less Stress? on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Is conformity universal
    It's interesting because when I first began thinking about conformity while reading this chapter, I had this thought that Americans would be one of the most conformist societies out there. However, it makes a lot a sense that collective societies...
  • Favorited Is conformity universal on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Mass Hysteria
    I always thought that things like this were so crazy! It makes a person wonder what kind of things you could plant in people's heads and try to coerce them into thinking it's real. Maybe we could tell people that...
  • Commented on Same Family, Opposite Personalities
    You know, I have a younger sister who is also 2 years younger than me and although I would say she is more of an extrovert than I, we still agree on a lot of personality traits. However, this could...
  • Commented on Military doctors and the ethical questions that they face
    This is such an interesting topic you blogged about. I have never understood what drives individuals to torture others to the extent that has been done in the past. I am appalled at the way prisoners of the United States...
  • Commented on This Stuff Actually Exists??
    Leex5571, this is a wonderful topic to blog about! I'm similar to your way of thinking in that I didn't realize that the Rorschach test was used in real life--let alone it had a name such as Rorschach inkblot test!...
  • Favorited This Stuff Actually Exists?? on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Favorited Careers for Extroverts and Introverts. on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Careers for Extroverts and Introverts.
    Freem467, I love that you blogged about this! I have always wondered for myself personally whether or not I am an introvert or an extravert. I find myself drawn to people and I love working with others, but I also...
  • Commented on Speak Your Mind!
    This is a great blog! From past experience and my knowledge base, I'm aware of all the little pieces you mentioned about causing stress. However, when you pieced them all together like this, I feel completely enlightened. I will definitely...
  • Favorited Speak Your Mind! on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Wasted my time again!
    I actually didn't like my school pictures until I got into the last few years of high school and senior pictures. However, I always attributed this to how I was developing personally--when I was in middle school, all I cared...
  • Favorited Wasted my time again! on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Intelligence
    I would bet that Beethoven was a genius a math! Just because usually if sevants such as Beethoven are good in one area, I think they would probably be versatile in many other areas as well with such a wonderful...
  • Favorited Intelligence on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Ed Thorndike -- More to him than just puzzling cats
    You know... in the world of psychology, Thordike is a big name but you never really hear much about him. Contributing to the world of Emotional Psychology is huge! Way to go Thorndike!...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from will3602