leex5571

• Posted Run for your life...it's a cult!! to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    One topic of social psychology that I found very interesting was the study of groupthink and cults. Groupthink, the emphasis on group unanimity at the expense of critical thinking, in extreme form can lead to cults, groups that exhibit intense...
  • Posted This Stuff Actually Exists?? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    (make up for missing discussion on 11/17) Everyone has seen a movie where a psychologist is holding a mysterious picture and then asks their client, who is lying on a sofa, what they see in the picture. I never would...
  • Posted Opposites Attract...Or Do They? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Everyone has heard the saying opposites attract, but how much truth is there to this statement? Research has shown that there may not be much. According to the three major principles that guide attraction and relationship formation, similarity is a...
  • Posted Sleeping on the Job to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    In chapter 5, I found narcolepsy to be extremely interesting. Narcolepsy is a sleeping disorder in which people can fall asleep at any moment lasting from seconds to minutes, and occasionally as long as an hour. I can't imagine how...
  • Commented on Thanks For that Mom & Dad!!
    I never knew that criminals could be let off because they were predisposed to being an alcoholic because their mother was! I found that extremely interesting! I don't think that is fair that we could let criminals off like that...
  • Posted The Amygdala: Our Lifesaver? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Who could have guessed that such a tiny, almond shaped organ in our brain would have so much effect on our daily lives? The amygdala is stored in the limbic system (the emotional center of the brain) and it...
    Who could have guessed that such a tiny, almond shaped organ in our brain would have so much effect on our daily lives? The amygdala is stored in the limbic system (the emotional center of the brain) and it plays...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from leex5571