louwa027

• Posted Telephone to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    One thing that really stood out to me when reading the textbook was the idea of urban legends - false stories repeated so many times that people believe them to be true. Some of the examples that the textbook gave...
  • Posted There is no escaping change. to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    One thing that I found interesting when reading the textbook was Erikson's Model of Identity. This model intrigued me because it states that throughout our lives, we are continuously experiencing growth. I currently am at the naive stage where I...
  • Posted Sss...Sss...Santana? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    The tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon is one that I seem to encounter quite frequently in my daily life. I find it so irritating when I am trying to think of a word but just can not come up with it. However, it...
  • Posted Apophenia and Grilled Cheesus to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Sometimes we make generalizations or connections to simplify overly complex concepts in the world around us. While not typically harmful, we can sometimes get the wrong idea about certain things. One type of incorrect connection is apophenia, a tendency to...
    Sometimes, we make connections to simplify overly complex concepts that we wouldn't be able to fathom without these simplifications. These generalizations typically aren't harmful to us, but sometimes they can give us the wrong ideas about certain things. One type...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from louwa027