rosen685

• Commented on The Final Countdown (duhduh duh duh, duhduhduh duh duh)
    Yeah, I can relate to this. Humor is a huge stress reducer (thanks for this clip) and I think it's a big part of the reason we find a lot of politically incorrect jokes hilarious (like Family Guy jokes). Life's...
  • Commented on Let me stare at your nose first...
    This is intriguing! What implications about the differences between Eastern and Western culture does this experiment reveal?...
  • Commented on Run for your life...it's a cult!!
    Why does groupthink exist? Are there social advantages to groupthink? Why, if many of us are repulsed by the idea of cults, are so many also compelled to join?...
  • Posted Look Around You to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    The following is an educational video about math. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeraIbgXXIE The above video gives every impression of being credible, right? Did it take you a long time to realize that this is actually a joke video satirizing 1970s educational school videos?...
  • Commented on How to Spot a Liar!
    The fact that we lie so much makes me wonder, is it really a bad thing that we lie, or is it a necessary attribute to get by in society? What are some possible evolutionary advantages to lying?...
  • Commented on Zombie Ants!
    bedea002 -- I agree that it would be frowned upon. But why do you think so? Would it be dangerous? Unethical?...
  • Commented on I Don't Know; Google It
    I've read about the woman who can't forget! It's a fascinating story. I think that as a collective, our memories are evolving through technology. But that same technology is also causing each of our memories to devolve. We are very...
  • Favorited I Don't Know; Google It on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Posted Animals Lie to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=1421 This article is about the "Stomatopod crustacean", which lies by delivering empty threats to other members of the species for its own benefit. Many people think that lying is a solely human trait, but this is not the case....
  • Commented on Chris Langan - the world's smartest man?
    I believe intellect is very difficult to define, and can be classified in many different ways. While good grades in school and high a I.Q. are one form of determining intelligence level, there are certainly many more ways out there....
  • Posted Zombie Ants! to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Make-up for discussion on Oct. 27 http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/05/110511-zombies-ants-fungus-infection-spores-bite-noon-animals-science/ The above article is about ants whose behaviors are changed by mushrooms. That's right. These fungi will take over an ant's central nervous system, and control its behaviors to the mushroom's advantage. The...
  • Posted Returning from the Dead to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Nobody knows for certain what happens to people when they die. This is because once people die, they can't communicate with the living to explain their experience. But sometimes, people are pronounced "dead", and somehow manage to return to life...
  • Posted Distraction from the Action to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    (Makeup for Thursday, October 13 discussion) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4 The above video is a humorous, but entirely valid warning. It is a reminder that if we aren't constantly aware of our surroundings, that is, if something distracts us from more significant occurrences,...
  • Posted The Ethics Behind Animal Testing* to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    The ethics of testing on animals is a serious point that was mentioned in one of our lectures, but glossed over and never discussed in depth. Even so, when our speaker brought up the topic of testing on cats, I...
  • Commented on Homosexuality, Nature or Nurture?
    To play devil's advocate -- I believe homosexuality is all nature. Take a look at families who discourage homosexuality -- their kids are just as likely to be gay than anyone else's. The only difference is that those kids might...
  • Commented on strength of oxytocin
    I wonder what causes more oxytocin to be released in certain people than in others. Why do some people act crazy when they're in love, but most don't?...
  • Posted The Ethics behind Animal Testing to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rosen685