mulvo004

• Commented on Girls Can Be Aggressive Too!
    Girls are without a doubt aggressive, but in a much different way. Whereas we associate male aggression with fights and active aggression, girls are more prone to social aggression as you described. The girl relationship web is very complicated and...
  • Commented on Does my physical attractiveness get me a job??
    I don't think in a job setting it would necessarily contribute as much as you're thinking. Surely looks are the first thing people notice and they definitely make an impression, but in a job setting I would hope they'd look...
  • Commented on The Fastest Way of Losing Weight?
    Reading about the psychology behind eating disorders is very interesting, such as the rush of endorphins they receive following throwing up. It's awful that our society has pushed so much for the perfect body type. With the advertisements of the...
  • Commented on Confessions of a Say Yes to the Dress Addict
    I think the reasons for spending money vary greatly. For example, I have watched the show and so many of the women are completely self absorbed and only imagining what they will look like on the wedding, whereas others are...
  • Commented on Is Samantha Brick "Too Beautiful" or "Just Average"?
    It's so interesting how when all of her friends drew away, she automatically assumed it must be because of her good looks. This article is very interesting and a perfect example of this area of the chapter. It blew me...
  • Commented on Is Chocolate a Sign of True Love?
    I think the ideas of proximity and reciprocity and so on are more the initial attraction to people, not the actual act of falling in love. Before this class I'd never consciously thought about those factors, but they make complete...
  • Commented on Lie detectors don't work.....What will?
    It always kind of surprised me how much people just relied on lie detector tests without really knowing anything about them, but now I see that they aren't as valid as many are lead to believe. I wonder if they...
  • Commented on Lose 50 Pounds in 3 Days!
    The psychology behind advertising is definitely an interesting subject and this is a perfect example. So many people are easily fooled by weight loss advertising and the lure of a healthy body weight it's almost ridiculous. People will try anything...
  • Commented on Similarity = Attractiveness?
    I also thought this was very interesting, especially in our discussion. I always knew that people paired up based a lot on what they had in common, but I had never consciously noticed how most couples are of similar physical...
  • Commented on The Creation of a Psychopath
    This is so frightening to think about because it makes you realize just what an effect we can have as a human being. That simply the right combination of traits can lead to brain washing and mass murder, but I...
  • Commented on Pink = Popular
    I think everyone has witnessed the pressures of conformity, maybe even given in themselves or seen someone else completely alter because of it. Seeing and learning about conformity from a psychology perspective is completely different though and really interesting!...
  • Commented on New emoticons - I feel awkward!!!
    I thought that was really interesting in lecture when he showed us an emoticon that was culturally centered in Asia but was also very commonly used there, but no one from the US recognized it. However, they seem universal because...
  • Commented on Concussions: Dazed and Confused.
    Being someone who has suffered from two concussions because of soccer, I can definitely sympathize with anyone who has gone through it because it is not only painful in so many ways, but so confusing and frightening knowing what could...
  • Commented on No, you did not tell me that!
    Memories was definitely one of the most interesting parts of this unit for me. There are a few stories that i distinctly remember being there, but everyone else assures me that I was definitely not there so somehow I developed...
  • Commented on Taylor Swift: A Genius
    It intrigues me that this theory is being put to use in classrooms around the country when it is so subjective. If you're teaching to one student's deficits, then how does the whole class benefit or learn anything at all?...
  • Commented on Dad is Part of the Equation for Success
    I also agree with you completely. Because fathers tend to be firmer handed and less emotional than a mother, children learn necessary life lessons through fathers that mothers simply can't provide, just like it would be vice versa. I think...
  • Posted Molding by Experience to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    If you've ever had a younger sibling or anyone in your life and watched them grow and mature, you know that how they speak is always a particularly interesting area to joke around with. For example, my younger sister would...
  • Commented on Who decides who I love?
    This blog post presents a very interesting question. The last comment is also interesting in exploring the nature vs. nurture side of this. It certainly would be interesting to discover what exactly makes us attracted to what! I'm sure it's...
  • Commented on The Smart Dog, Jesse
    Jesse is amazing! Now I wish I hadn't been so lazy when training my dog, who doesn't even come when we call him to. This just proves that the types of conditioning uncovered by these famous psychologists is completely effective...
  • Commented on The Chipotle Manipulation
    I am in the Journalism School and look at advertisements a lot and the strategy behind each and every ad they put out. There is nothing coincidental about this and they know it! I find this topic in particular very...
  • Commented on Prohibition! on sugar?
    I'm honestly not very surprised that we consume so much sugar but I had no idea that it affected our neurotransmitters. It makes complete sense just based on your information of how much sugar we consume on a daily basis,...
  • Posted The Greatest Frontier to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Psychology raises some extremely interesting questions about self-exploration. When reviewing some of the material, we often revert to our own minds and explore areas of thought within ourselves that we had previously never reached before. The BBC video raises an...
  • Commented on Seeing Your True Colors
    I didn't know that color blindness was more prevalent in males, but thinking about it, the only colorblind people I know are males. I clearly can't even imagine what it would be like to not realize I'm not capable of...
  • Commented on I Can Read Your Mind...I Think
    ESP seems to be something that we may never understand as humans. While we can test and hypothesize all we want, maybe there are some sorts of phenomena we will never be able to understand. However, I do believe that...
  • Posted Phineas Gage: The Boy Who Lived to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chapter 3 of "Psychology: From Inquiry to Understanding" explores the neurotransmissions throughout the brain and how it effects our behavior as human beings. The brain is a complex system of nerves, synapses, axons and a variety of chemicals along with...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mulvo004