xiong862

• Posted Five Years From Now and Beyond to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Image source: www.google.com The broad field of Psychology has taught me much about the world through many aspects covered in class. I found that Chapter 13 Social Psychology has had the most impact on me especially the section of...
  • Posted The Questions Never End to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    In lecture, Professor Jeff Simpson covered attachment theory. Ainsworth and her fellow scientists discovered three attachment patterns in children. The three patterns were secure, avoidant, and anxious-ambivalent. Parents of secure children were attentive and caring toward their children. Parents...
  • Posted Fathers and Children to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    From the Lilienfield text, the role of the father is discussed on page 389-390. The text presents differences in parental involvement with children between fathers and mothers. Fathers do not appear to pay as much attention to nor do...
  • Posted Memory and Justice to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Professor Randy Fletcher discussed the wide field of memory during lecture. He mentioned that memory can be changed or influenced by many factors such as people or events. One example that we looked at during discussion section was that of...
  • Commented on Consciousness: Where is it?
    The URL for the video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Biv_8xjj8E&feature=player_embedded#!...
  • Posted Consciousness: Where is it? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    I watched the video "The Secret You" from BBC Horizon on YouTube. The specific section that I focused on was on where consciousness resides. Humans want to know more about this aspect of consciousness because consciousness does not arise out...
  • Posted BOOM! CRASH! to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Inattentional blindness is discussed in the Lilienfeld text of this course. We can define this idea as the failure to detect something obvious around us because our focus is directed elsewhere. Inattentional blindness is an important idea since it can...
  • Posted What I Carry to Summer Bridge 2010 - Digital Storytelling Sec2
    Six weeks have passed by a lot faster than I can even comprehend. It seems like just yesterday that we were all new Bridge students. Most of us had never known one another, and we all came from different backgrounds....
  • Commented on What Could I Do in the Dark?
    I love your video. Despite all the difficulties that you faced, you were able to overcome them all. Your dad told you that you wouldn't graduate from high school, but you were able to do it anyway. I like how...
  • Commented on Cherishing The Moments
    I'm glad that you shared with you us Chong. Despite all the challenges, you were able to make it to your event. Thank you for telling us about your Upward Bound experience....
  • Commented on Jules Ellis' Final
    The worst thing that can happen is that your friendship is destroyed by some boy, but I'm so glad that things worked out for you and your friend. I especially enjoyed the poem that you wrote about your friendship; the...
  • Commented on Who I Am Today
    I love the music that you used in this video. I wouldn't change a thing about your video. I can't believe that you had to go through so much by having to choose schools. I feel like you blame yourself...
  • Posted A Debt That I Can Never Repay to Summer Bridge 2010 - Digital Storytelling Sec2
    This video was created during the Summer Bridge program for the Digital Storytelling course. It tells a story from my family trip to Laos during 5th grade. My story centers around me and my grandmother....
  • Commented on Ashley's Analysis for Digital Story 1
    This is a very moving digital story that portrays a true side of society that we don't see. I totally agree with the fact that people don't accept what they don't understand. It was scary to think that there are...
  • Commented on Tori's 2 Digital Stories
    I never realized the obstacles that transgenders had to overcome. Everyone always hears about how difficult it is to be a gay or lesbian, but you never really hear about transgenders. All the people around Kevin thought that he was...
  • Commented on Tori's 2 Digital Stories
    I thought it was very interesting to see his life. His beginning as female, who everyone thought was a tomboy. The truth of the matter was that this same person was actually a male. I never really thought about the...
  • Posted Kengkue's Video Analysis of "Useless Things" and "Making Do" to Summer Bridge 2010 - Digital Storytelling Sec2
    "Useless Things" by Dmitri Logvinenko Dmitri Logvinenko presents a very relevant issue that some of us may deal with on a personal level. He does a good job of selecting a topic that we can all relate to in one...
  • Commented on Octavia's 10 Things Post
    It's really cool that your Great Grandmother has a park named after her. Her name will live on forever....
  • Commented on Katie's TEN facts!
    I always dislike spending money. I just don't think it's necessary to spend money on things I don't need; even when I need to spend my money on something, I still feel uncomfortable. I also know what it's like to...
  • Posted Kengkue's "Top Ten" Things to Summer Bridge 2010 - Digital Storytelling Sec2
    The Top Ten Things about Kengkue:1. I am the oldest of three, so my family is fairly small.2. I was Co-captain of the Champlin Park Boys Tennis Team my senior year, and I played in the second singles position. I...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from xiong862