dezi0009

• Commented on Are you sure that was the cause?
    Love the cartoons. They are great. I do that to now when I listen to the news. I'm always listening to hear more about replicability. There is always a ton of extraordinary claims. I think I used to be more...
  • Commented on Forever a Skeptic.
    Yes, I agree with you. I am able to use those everyday when I'm talking with others or even listening to the news. I remember when we first began to learn those. I had a lot of trouble identifying esch...
  • Posted All In The Family to Psy1001 Section 08 Spring 2012
    I really love the section on Abnormal psychology. I love it because it has been a way of life for me. This is really my norm. I am used to helping and being interactive with people dealing with a wide...
  • Posted Riding the Judgmental Bus to Psy1001 Section 08 Spring 2012
    I ride the bus to the university everyday. I have really been able to plug into my cognitive miser lately. I think I am just more aware of my thoughts now that I have taken this introductory course of psychology....
  • Posted Creativity or Intelligence to Psy1001 Section 08 Spring 2012
    http://youtu.be/rPH7JwhsfEo Thinking About Intelligence Chapter 9 Please watch the above video. I found this competition between what is deemed intelligence and what is deemed creativity to be fascinating. Several people in the experiment thought they would do quite well because...
  • Commented on The Temptation to Touch
    Touch is so important all through our lives. Can you imagine never having someone hug you? Not just romanticly, but to say, Good Job or Try it again next time. When I stop to think about it. Young parents today...
  • Commented on Hunger, Eating, And Eating Disorders
    Yes, dieting can be deadly. I read an article the other day that showed how much some of the top models weigh. All of them weighed between 83 and 92 pounds. The 92 pounder was thought to be pushing towards...
  • Commented on Would you help a stranger?
    I would help in a situation. I know CPR and the other emergency techniques necessary for first aid delivery. I just cannot walk away until I know the situation has been neutralized. HOWEVER, I read the first comment you recieved...
  • Commented on A story from a bilingual kid
    This was a great post and just look at how many people made comments. I am not bi-lingual but I have noticed something similar to that happening when I study other languages. The most recent is Chinese. Sometimes when...
  • Commented on Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before
    This is so scary. Does this type of amnesia effect people of a certain age? I am so glad she is going to be okay. She isn't even able to remember having a Cat Scan 5 minutes ago. She can...
  • Posted The Bright Blue Lights of Insomnia to Psy1001 Section 08 Spring 2012
    I am always tired at the end of the day. I go to school and work several jobs. When I get home I have to eat dinner and settle in to do some hard core studying. By all intensive...
  • Commented on The Yellow Wallpaper: Looking Beyond the Boundaries
    Is this also a movie? I checked out your link. This is the same kind of oppression white men have used to control groups throughout history. Domination and submission. I also am aware of the psychological significance. It is just...
  • Commented on Smoking Kills... Hamsters?
    The CS did precede the UCS. The worker was reaching or checking for his cigarettes. It is subtle, but these days it is something we all recognize. So you would have the CS- fellow looking for his cigarettes, UCS- hamster...
  • Commented on Are you really making your own decisions?
    I enjoyed your posting. I continue to believe this is part of what comes first? The chicken or the egg? Even if the neural activity comes before we are conscious of making a decision, do we know where from where...
  • Commented on A Pain in the...
    I am in complete agreement here, BUT I don't like all of the knobs and levers needed to change the comfort level of the chair. I am older and it is confusing for me. How about some electronics to change...
  • Commented on Understanding Metaphors: Is it Really Just Talk?
    This was a fascinating post. I learned even more than I had in class and by reading the book. It makes quite a bit of sense that metaphors originate at times in our sensory areas. Think about how much more...
  • Commented on Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle
    Hey, I like your post. I am older and I run early every morning and walk twice a day. I have to in order to keep my heart healthy. My Dad and Mom both had heart conditions. I am trying...
  • Posted My Nature verses My Nurture Experience to Psy1001 Section 08 Spring 2012
    During the Discussion class this past week I spent quite a bit of time focused on my own family's situation. We are nothing like the Bogle family and yet we are like them. I raised my four children by...
  • Commented on Dealing With Confirmation Bias
    Confirmatin bias was the theme and it was Chapter one. Glad you liked it....
  • Posted Dealing With Confirmation Bias to Psy1001 Section 08 Spring 2012
    Everyone tries to protect their own ideas and prove themselves to be correct. Some people do this in a vocal way and some people do this subconciously. This is referred to as confirmation bias. The second method, subconscious proof...
  • Posted Are the Big Five Responsible for Your Waistline? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    The Big Five ultimately affect everything we do. This collection of personality traits shapes all of our choices and lifestyles so why not the size of our waistline? In an article recently published in the December issue of Psychology...
  • Posted Triggers and Emotions - writing 4 to Free at Last
    I was at a cookie exchange this weekend and spent time chatting with a friend who was also exchanging cookies. I couldn't help but think about all the information we gathered this week in class,about the connection between emotions...
  • Posted I Don't Know What You Mean!!!!!! to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Every night I work at an all Somalian daycare. I have worked there for nearly a year now and am the only caucasian. I have learned a little Somalian language from my families and am teaching English to them....
  • Posted Krill to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    I get up early everyday and since I do not have cable television, I generally listen to the radio. Both of the past two mornings I have listened to a commercial that talks about the brain benefits of taking...
  • Posted Nazism Right Here and Right Now to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    The other night I was listening to a radio presentation and it was about the current state of Nazism in America. I guess I know it is out there floating around us, but I never gave much thought to...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from dezi0009