swen0460

• Posted What I will remember. to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Throughout the Psychology 1001 course, I have learned and discovered a variety of different aspects related to the real world. As a Carlson student, I have been able to use my knowledge to better understand why people act the way...
  • Posted Stereotype Threat to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    One may define a stereotype threat as the fear that we may confirm a negative group stereotype. These can be directed at anyone who falls into a minority group. This article refers to the many different things that apparently women...
  • Posted Was Kim Kardashian meant to marry Kris Humphries? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    On October 31st, Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from husband Kris Humphries just after 72 days of being married. Was Kim and Kris meant for each other? Popular psychology about love and compatibility would say otherwise. Similarity is a big...
  • Posted Memory Illusions to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    I found this link off of the internet. It talks about why humans use memory illusions or go through memory illusions in our everyday lives. The article does a pretty good job of explaining what memory illusions are and why...
  • Posted Gestalt'sprinciples to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Laurel Swendsen Max Wertheimer, Wolfgang Kohler, and Kurt Koffka created the Gestalt's principles many years ago that allow us to perceive the world in many different ways. Many people do not understand Gestalt's basic principles in psychology. Also known as...
  • Posted The myth of the pool to The myth of the pool
    http://www.snopes.com/science/poolpiss.asp I found this link on the snopes website and thought it was very interesting. They said that there is not a special substance in pools that turns urine a different color. To prove this, they used scientific thinking. First,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from swen0460