douga012

• Commented on A Thousand-Mile Walk to the Gulf - John Muir: chapter 1; "Why Walk?" - Colin Fletcher; "Ultralight in the Nation's Icebox" - A. Skurka
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading this article. Mainly because I enjoy being outdoors. I enjoy outdoor sports like skiing and boating, but have not done too much camping or backpacking. After having read this article, it makes me more interested in...
  • Posted Five Years Later to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    If there is one thing I will remember from psychology it is the idea of scientific thinking. I will remember this both because it was repeated so often through out the book and because it is a way of thinking....
  • Commented on "Choices" - David Nye
    Before reading this article I knew that the US was one the largest energy user of any other nation. What I did not know was how it became that way. I was interested to read about how the United States...
  • Commented on Introduction" - Michael Pollan; Can We feed the World & Sustain the World? - J. Foley
    The article by Jonathan Foley was what struck me as more useful of the two articles because Foley gives real solutions that can make a difference in the future. I think that he is persuasive in his writing because he...
  • Posted Bobby Fischer to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    In chapter 9 I read about how smart people can still believe strange things. The small section said that because they have a large intelligence the risk of people having strange beliefs is higher because they are able to defend...
  • Posted Violent media to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    One important finding for children is that media violence increases real world aggression. The research shows that the more often children are around violent T.V. or video games the more aggressive they become. If this is true we are creating...
  • Commented on Land into landscape - Malcolm Andrews
    Before reading this I had never heard or seen land art before. After having read this, I think that I will begin to look at the land differently than before. Now I will see it in an artistic way instead...
  • Posted Ouch to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    During the winter as a child I would notice that I get static shocks much more often. Because the air is dryer in the winter than it is in the summer I generate more static electricity. For example, I would...
  • Commented on Edward Burtynsky and Chris Jordan
    Chris Jordan and Edward Burtynsky both do an excellent job of showing how much has been wasted and lost. However I think Edward Burtynsky does a better job because he shows how the environment has been changed by our progress...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from douga012