khong010

• Posted In Five Years... to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    Although we've been lectured on and discussed many topics in psychology, ranging from bio psych to social psych, one thing that I will never forget will probably be the different forms of conditioning and how it affects us in everyday...
  • Posted Personality Assessments to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    In chapter 14, we learned a lot about personality and how there are many different personality tests out there, many of them controversial due to their interpretations. We've all fallen prey to the confirmation bias when it comes to personality...
  • Posted Parenting Styles to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    As I was growing up, I always thought that I grew up in an authoritarian household because it seemed as though I always had strict guidelines to follow and I felt as though sometimes my parents were unsupportive. However, as...
  • Posted Operant Conditioning and Positive Reinforcement to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    Operant conditioning is defined as "learning controlled by the consequences of the organism's behavior." In other words, the organism/subject learns through a series of trial and error. The organism does a certain action because it is trying to get something...
  • Posted Hallucinations- As Real As Fake Gets to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    Whenever I hear the word "hallucinations" I think back to 7th grade health class, where my class had to watch boring videos about the effects of drugs. Most drugs had one thing in common, and that was giving the user...
  • Posted Left-Brained, Right-Brained, or Split-brained? to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    "You must do well in math and with numbers, because you're left-handed." How many people have heard of this? I've heard it my whole life because I'm left handed. Being left-handed, I've always been told that my brain is "wired"...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from khong010