spizz003

• Posted Danielle S. 5/08 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    I continued to call and recruit participants ages 8-18 for the Emotional Faces Study. Today will probably the last day of recruiting. Alyssa is hoping to have enough participants to begin analysis on the study. Alyssa and I met to...
  • Posted Danielle S 5/5 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    After briefly checking in with Alyssa I practiced reading Follow-Up task scripts in preparation for pilot studies that will be run in the next two weeks. Recruitment e-mails were sent out today, so we are just waiting for responses in...
  • Posted Danielle 4/30, 5/01 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Yesterday I met with Megan, Alyssa's summer RA. I showed her around the frequently used rooms and gave her a quick run through of the servers we use. We also did a brief run through of some of the tasks...
  • Posted Danielle S. 4/28 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today Alyssa and I planned our next steps for getting the Father EF follow-up study underway. I will be meeting with Alyssa's new RA on Thursday afternoon to show her around the lab and introduce her to navigating the servers....
  • Posted Danielle S. 4/27 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I called to recruit participants for the Emotional Faces study. I had several people answer their phones and express interest in the study. I finished off our most recent recruiting spreadsheet, so Alyssa will have to get us another...
  • Posted Danielle 4/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Alyssa and I focused on practicing the Graded Bear Dragon/Simon Says task for the Father EF Follow-Up study. We made a chart to help tally correct and incorrect responses. We are hoping this will make in-session coding easier while we...
  • Posted Danielle S 4/23 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I made some recruitment calls for the Emotional Faces online survey. I ended up leaving voicemails with the majority of families, but I did have a few people answer the phone who expressed interest in the study. I sent...
  • Posted Danielle 4/21 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Alyssa and I had an in-depth discussion about details surrounding the Father EF Follow-Up study. We started practicing with the new camera system and with handheld cameras. We read through each of the tasks we will be running and practiced...
  • Posted Danielle S 4/15 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I sent out recruitment e-mails for the Emotional Faces online survey. I sent out anywhere from 80-100 e-mails, so hopefully we get quite a few participants in the upcoming week. I also did some more work on the Father...
  • Posted Danielle S 4/14 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to search for relevant articles for the Father EF literature review. I was able to find one article that discussed African American paternal influences on cognitive functioning in toddlers. I will continue looking for more articles tomorrow...
  • Posted Danielle S 4/13 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to search for articles for the Father EF literature review. I was only able to find 2 more research pieces discussing paternal influence and cognitive development. I was really trying to find research done within the last...
  • Posted Danielle S 4/10 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to search for articles for the Father EF Follow-Up lit. review. I was able to find one article discussing the relationship between fathers/father figures and their children's cognitive function. The study was published within the last 15...
  • Posted Danielle S 4/09 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to search for articles about the relationship between paternal behavior/influence and children's cognitive development. I found a few articles that seemed relevant and interesting, but they are articles dating back to the 70's. Many of the recent...
  • Posted Danielle S 4/07 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today Alyssa and I briefly met up and discussed some of the supplies that we will need to get together for the Father EF Follow-Up study. We have a list put together and color coded of the materials we need...
  • Posted Danielle S. 4/03 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I did some double checking that the Emotional Faces data entered into SPSS earlier in the week was correctly converted. Next week I am hoping to recruit Emotional Faces participants 18 and younger via e-mails. I am also hoping...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/31 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today Stacy and I transferred Emotional Faces data from Qualtrics into SPSS. We were specifically looking at how many people rated each picture and how many people correctly categorized each emotion. We were able to finish all of the data...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/30 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to generate p values and r values for the father/child play task and father demographic variables. The majority of correlations have not been significant. Next I spoke with Alyssa on the phone and she informed me that...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/27 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today Alyssa and I met to discuss possible procedures for the Father EF Follow-Up physical play task. After analyzing previous research done on physical play and fathering we decided to stick with Alyssa's original idea of having the father's and...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued researching father/child play interactions for the Father EF Follow-Up study literature review. My research was more successful today than yesterday and I found 3 more studies that may offer insight as to what the follow-up study should...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/23 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to analyze descriptive statistics and independent t-tests for father/child play data for the Father EF study. I began comparing p values for the styles of play and the gender of the child playing. I also spent some...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/09, 3/10 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Over the past two days I have done some data analysis and research. I analyzed descriptive statistics from the Psych Distancing study's Locked Box task. Alyssa may use this task in the Father EF Follow-Up study, so we have been...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/06 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I edited the Father EF call, e-mail, and voicemail scripts to reflect the follow-up study that will be conducted beginning sometime this summer. I began researching for the Father EF follow up to see what has been studied in...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/03 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I called to try and recruit families with children between the ages of 8 and 18 to participate in the Emotional Faces survey. I was able to get a hold of a few people, so hopefully we get some...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 3/02 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today Alyssa and I discussed the number of participants who have responded to the Emotional Faces online survey. We have had 90 adults participate in the past week! Unfortunately we have only had 2 children participate in the survey so...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/25 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I continued to call to recruit families with children ages 8-18 for the Emotional Faces survey. I was able to get a hold of a handful of people and send them e-mails and I left many voicemails to inform...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/24 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I finished coding and data entry for the Father EF play task videos. I began working on preliminary work for the Father EF follow-up study that will hopefully be underway in May 2015. I updated and edited the consent...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/23 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Alyssa and I discussed what needs to be done to complete an IRB submission for the Father EF follow-up study. This week I am going to work on drafting descriptions of all the tasks that will be involved in the...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/19 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    I continued to code and enter data for the Father EF play task videos. I have 5 videos left to code/enter and then I will be finished! Additionally I took some time to copy and staple packets for the class...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/17 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I split my time between coding and entering Father EF play task data and calling to recruit participants for the Emotional Faces Qualtrics survey. So far we have not received any responses to the Emotional Faces survey. We're hoping...
  • Posted Danielle Spizzirri 2/16 to DSCN Lab Carlson Undergraduate Blog
    Today I took a test run for the Emotional Faces Qualtrics survey. The survey worked perfectly, so Alyssa gave me the go ahead to send out a pilot survey to 15 participants. Once we begin to get responses back we...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from spizz003