mcle0238

• Posted What I will remember... Social Psychology to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    I will remember several principles of social psychology; groupthink and conformity, for years to come. I am in groups all the time, with friends, in school and in work, so these aspects of social psychology are very relevant to my...
  • Posted Cat People vs. Dog People to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    We all know that most people are either cat people, dog people, or neither. But what causes this? Recent studies have shown that assessments of the Big 5 personality traits can predict whether people are cat people or dog...
  • Posted The Mere Exposure Effect to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    The mere exposure effect is our tendency to become more comfortable with something the more we see it or experience it. In other words, when we see something many times, we tend to like it more. There are many examples...
  • Posted 50 First Dates to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    The trailer above is for a movie about a guy who falls in love with a girl. Typical, right? No - there's a catch. According to the movie, the girl has lost her short-term memory in a car accident...
  • Posted I did WHAT last night? to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    Night Terrors and Sleepwalking We've all seen sleepwalking in movies or in our households, but not many of us have any experience with night terrors. Night terrors take on a much more violent fashion than sleepwalking and can be either...
  • Posted Wow! That medicine really worked...or did it? to Section 12 & 13 F11 Psy 1001
    The Placebo and Nocebo effects The placebo effect can afflict all of us, even if we are aware of it. Have you ever had a paper cut, and then you feel that you really need a band-aid? Then, when you...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mcle0238