kraft175

• Posted Nonverbal Communication to Fall 2011 Psy1001 Sec21
    One concept in psychology that I will remember in five years, mainly because I use it every day is the importance of nonverbal communication. If you were to ask a college student ten goals that they want to achieve before...
  • Posted Intelligence Gene to Fall 2011 Psy1001 Sec21
    Reading a book upside-down and creating synonyms for the word "amazing" are two different skills. The thing that they have in common is that they both can measure general intelligence. General intelligence includes problem solving abilities, spatial manipulation and...
  • Posted The "Big Five" to Fall 2011 Psy1001 Sec21
    For people to describe human personality there must be an understanding of the five dimensions that create one's said personality. The Big Five personality test is, in a lot of ways, is similar to the Strengths Test that I was...
  • Posted Classical Conditioning and The Office to Fall 2011 Psy1001 Sec21
    Classical conditioning is a type of learning involving five components: a neutral stimulus, unconditional stimulus, unconditional response, conditional stimulus, and a conditional response. In Pavlov's classical conditioning case he started with a metronome as a neutral stimulus which he...
  • Posted Dream Analysis to Fall 2011 Psy1001 Sec21
    Dreams are a universal event that happens to everyone and they are a window into our subconscious minds. But why do I repeatedly wake up confused, marveling at what my subconscious just created? Some people are convinced that they don't...
  • Posted The Availability Heuristic to Fall 2011 Psy1001 Sec21
    Heuristics allows us as humans to make sense of the world by organizing our thinking. There is so much information in our lives that we would be overwhelmed if we didn't have shortcuts to remember things. Heuristics can help us...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kraft175