alexa407

• Posted Object Permanence to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Five years from now the concept in psychology that I will remember most is the concept of object permanence. Object permanence is when infants between eight and twelve months of age (some studies show that infants may be younger) acquire...
  • Posted Going Through Stages to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    In chapter 14 of our psychology textbook, the chapter dealing with personality, we read about Freud's psychoanalytic theory of personality. As our book points out, "no aspect of Freud's theory is more controversial than his model of psychosexual development" (550)....
  • Posted Baby Einstein to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Walt Disney company is known worldwide. A lot of children have grown up watching Disney movies. Disney's main demographic is children. In the early 2000's Disney began marketing a product towards babies as young as three months old. This product,...
  • Commented on Dangerous Dihydrogen Monoxide
    I put two links in the article, one is where it says "highly scientific" and the other is where it says "simply water." Do they work for you when you click on them, I thought I linked them correctly, please...
  • Posted Amityville Horror to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Halloween is just around the corner and many of us have been watching scary movies in anticipation of the holiday. One well known movie, The Amityville Horror, is a favorite. Most people are familiar with the movie, book, or a...
  • Posted Dangerous Dihydrogen Monoxide to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Pseudoscience often capitalizes on human gullibility playing on people's readiness to believe a claim that is put forth by so called "experts." A young boy in Idaho took advantage of this and demonstrated it in a science fair after...
  • Posted Push the Button? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    In Psy. 1001 we learned about the placebo effect and how it is often used during drug trials and other psychological experiments. Recently I learned of another version of the placebo effect: placebo buttons. The button you push at a...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from alexa407