brand913

• Posted The psychology of relationships to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    One thing I think I'll remember from psychology is the lecture on relationships and attachment types. It really made me realize that you have to be comfortable with yourself before you can have a successful relationship. When I looked at...
  • Posted Could your parents be responsible for your relationship problems? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Most people agree that the way your parents treat you as a child affects your personality as an adult. How? Two major contributors to this idea are Dr. Ainsworth and Dr. Simpson. Ainsworth conducted a study known as the strange...
  • Posted Are Psychopaths Immune to Horror? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    One way to study emotion in the psychological world is through the use of the International Affective Picture System (IAPS). In this study, the experimenter shows a series of pictures to participants. The participants are observed based on their...
  • Posted Emotional Memory to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Emotional memory is the concept that people remember things better when emotions are linked to the event. This is because when a memory is being formed, the hippocampus (in charge of helping us recall events) interacts with the amygdala (in...
  • Posted Inattentional Blindness to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Our world is constantly full of stimuli. Messages about everything around us go to our brains all the time but we can't possible pay attention to all of those messages at once. The process of selecting one stimulus in our...
  • Posted Writing assignment 1 to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    One concept I think is important is the nature versus nurture concept. Nature versus nurture is basically trying to figure out if certain behaviors are due to genetics or the environment one is raised in. For example, if a child...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from brand913