dier0123

• Posted True Life: I'm Addicted to Research to Formalized Curiosity
    + Sounds like we should send Bravo over to A&E for an Intervention. Apparently, they are addicted to research, as if it were an illegal substance. "We snort up research like fine Colombian cocaine." Said Andy Cohen, TV host...
  • Posted Final Sale, Finals Shopping: A Study Proposal to Formalized Curiosity
    I'm interested in learning if there is a connection between the stress of finals during the fall semester coinciding with sales like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. To study this I would propose a qualitative study, particularly a focus group....
  • Posted #FreeFocusGroup to Formalized Curiosity
    As researchers continue to look for new and cost-effective methods to reach the general public, they may not need to look further than social media hotspot Twitter. I don't know why I didn't think of this myself. Rates for answering...
  • Posted "That's Insane, Mate" to Formalized Curiosity
    http://demandequalpay.org.nz/ A new viral campaign has come out of New Zealand DDB is really taking their language seriously. New Zealand is only one country of many where women make less money than men. This new ad highlights this fact with...
  • Posted Rosling: Data Nouveau to Formalized Curiosity
    TED talks are a gold mine for researchers. This particular one caught my attention because of it's relation to one of my favorite subjects: statistics. Research doesn't provide much if there isn't an analysis where statistics are analyzed. Hans Rosling...
  • Posted Ipsos is I-Say, I See They Say to Formalized Curiosity
    According to the blog on Greenbook, Ipsos is the second most talked about market research company in the bizz. Ipsos has recently changed their name to I-Say so I wandered over to the redesigned website to sneak a peek. I...
  • Posted Got Captcha? to Formalized Curiosity
    Researchers will stop at nothing to reach consumers, but Solve Media has taken it one step further than their competitors. Brand research imbedded within captcha. My initial reaction: First I thought "seriously?!" Then I had a long internal debate about...
  • Posted I Can No Longer Turn Down A Survey Part 2: Or Can I? to Formalized Curiosity
    Originally I was shaking my fist at JOUR 3251 for making it impossible for me to turn down a survey. The tiny researcher on my shoulder was going "What if you had written that and needed responses?" or "Don't you...
  • Posted Social Media Analytics Seminar to Formalized Curiosity
    This year I was given a great opportunity to work with the Youth Farm and Market Project on developing a social media policy. Our marketing committee met to discuss what goals we would have and how we could measure our...
  • Posted Survey Monkey vs. Stellar Survey to Formalized Curiosity
    This semester I created two surveys to distribute to fellow classmates. For this course I used Survey Monkey, which is reputable as being an easy to use and reliable tool. For a course through agriculture education I created a survey...
  • Posted Spam: Sham or Not? to Formalized Curiosity
    One method of "research" I'm confused about is spam. Often my university emails get lost in the mix and I have to go digging through piles of garbage in my trash. Recently I came across this message: Sounded a little...
  • Posted Chocolate Brains to Formalized Curiosity
    I enjoy skimming the New England Journal of Medicine when I process our copy at the Law Library where I work. Every now and then they include articles that are a little cheeky, a little humorous, or a little bit...
  • Posted My Life is One Giant Class to Formalized Curiosity
    So, my life is one giant class. I am sure anyone can relate to this; I myself have been looking forward to this since roughly second grade. There is no "math time" then "reading time" it's all interrelated, connected, and...
  • Posted Jennifer Aniston Controls Your Brain to Formalized Curiosity
    Seriously. I have been obsessing over this study every since it came out. Not just because I love Jen's classic 90's cut turned timeless trademark, either. The idea that a part of my brain is literally controlled by Jennifer Aniston...
  • Posted I Can No Longer Turn Down a Survey to Formalized Curiosity
    As most people in the 21st century, I am an obsessive compulsive email checker. My goal is always to have less than 100 emails in my inbox at all times (easier said than done). So, imagine how difficult it is...
  • Posted Psychology as a False Memory in 5 Years? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Over the course of this class we have discussed everything from Pavlov to Darwin. Many theories were already familiar or sounded like something that was mentioned once during this class or that. New obscure ideas were presented and learned about...
  • Posted Child Geniuses to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    One common misconception about smart children is that they will grow up to be socially isolated, ridiculed, or develop mental disorders. However, this thought process ignores the facts because according to Terman's studies, 92 out of the 1500 of those...
  • Posted The Gay Brain- Just take Gleemonex! to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Growing up in liberal Madison, Wisconsin my neighbors Chris and Paul lived in a pink house across the street and my sister's best friend, Caitlyn, had two moms. One of my mother's favorite anecdotes to tell about my childhood was...
  • Posted Norfolk Four- False Memories, False Confessions to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    These are the faces of a miscarriage of justice. The Norfolk Four case is eerily similar to Paul Ingram's-- if not even more terrifying. Four former naval officers confessed to the rape and murder of a young woman. They...
  • Posted The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Near death experiences, or NDEs, are sensations experienced when an individual is facing danger or possibly after being pronounced clinically deceased. Popularity in studying this field has skyrocketed since the invention of cardiac resuscitation. NDEs are controversial because there is...
  • Posted Classic Hoax: Aliens Invading New Jersey or the Wells/Welles Panic to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    "> On October 30, 1938, during the era of radio entertainment-- mass panic was induced. Famed broadcaster Orson Welles read from H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds, scripted to sound like a news report. With no visual or concept of...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from dier0123