jaco1467

• Posted Reason Rules! to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    I'm a business major. When my academic adviser gave me the printout of required courses, I was puzzled as to why psychology was included. Now I know why. For starters, being able to recognize when you're acting as a cognitive...
  • Posted Personality Impressions Based on Facebook Profiles to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Science Daily reported a study led by Sam Gosling at the University of Texas at Austin that examined whether people's Facebook personalities present a genuine, accurate view of themselves, or whether people tend to embellish and manage impressions of themselves...
  • Posted The Fountain of Youth Discovered? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    In the 21st century, people are living longer than ever, and a greater percentage of the population is elderly than ever before. Unfortunately, some of the physical changes we experience as we age are a decline in muscle tone, diminished...
  • Posted Blame it on Sponge Bob to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    In a study published September 12, 2011 in Pediatrics, psychologists at the University of Virginia Charlottesville conclude that watching just 9 minutes of a fast-paced cartoon has immediate negative effects on the attention span and learning of 4-year-olds. Sixty children,...
  • Posted Do I Really "Love" My iPhone? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Until recently, I was unaware that the feelings I have for my iPhone are the same emotions I feel for a loved one. At least that's what branding consultant Martin Lindstrom would have us believe in his September 30, 2011...
  • Posted Fear Mongering for Votes to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    If you Google the name Michele Bachmann, Minnesota's 6th District Congressional Representative, you'll find a large number of links that relate to things that she's been quoted as saying. A sampling includes "The Craziest Things Michele Bachmann Has Ever...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from jaco1467