jeyla011

• Posted Conformity: The Ash Studies to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    The concept in psychology that I will remember five years from now is the concept of conformity. The study was conducted by Solomon Ash in the 1950s. The study involved participants being asked to compare a standard line with three...
  • Posted Genetics Vs. Environment to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    IQ depends fully on the genes of a person and their hereditary. This is a common myth concerning IQ but now scientist know this myth isn't true and they're able to prove this by replicating studies involving genes and the...
  • Posted Aggression and Video Games to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    While it is easy to conclude that violent video games cause children to become more aggressive, perhaps there are alternative explanations to these claims. One example that involves multiple causes of aggression involves the shooting that took place in...
  • Posted Extraordinary Memory to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Kim Peek is an individual with an IQ of 87 but is known today because of his unique abilities. Peek can memorize 12,000 books word for word, the zip codes, and the number of highways in the United States (Lilienfeld,...
  • Posted Out-of-Body Experiences to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Out-of-body experiences (also known as OBE) is the sensation of floating outside of one's body. Michael Shermer a historian of science and editor traveled to Laurentian University in Canada to learn more about out-of-body experiences. With the help of...
  • Posted Cell Phones Cause Cancer to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    One evening while watching the news with my family there was a short segment stating that talking on the phone causes cancer. When I heard this claim I immediately knew the statement was incorrect. In my head I knew...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from jeyla011