rivki012

• Posted An Unexpected Friend - Correlation VS Causation to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    I can honestly say that Psychology 1001 will be one of those courses that I will remember forever. It was a true challenge for me at the University but, above all, it was my journey into the scientific study of...
  • Posted SAT Cheating to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Standardized testing has been apart of our society for quite sometime. There are many different types of these exams, and they are mainly used to test intelligence. Aptitude tests, such as the SAT, can act as transitional exams for high...
  • Posted Proxemics - The study of personal space to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    During my time reading the chapter on Emotion and Motivation, I came across a section of information addressing proxemics-the study of personal space and measurable distance. According to Anthropologist Edward Hall, there are four levels of personal space, however the...
  • Posted Hollywood & Science: Lucid Dreaming to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    The topic of dreaming has been the inspiration for many different films over the years. However, innovative filmmaker Christopher Nolan changed the cinematic perspective on dreams in his 2010 blockbuster, Inception. Nolan, who stepped into the realm of psychological cinema...
  • Posted The Sense of Self to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    It's an interesting to think that, at one point in time, every human was not aware of his or her own sense of self. Gaining the ability to become self-aware is a vital role in the study of our minds...
  • Posted How 'Lucky' Are Your Socks? to Section 16 and 17 F11 PSY 1001
    Through out our lives we all experience and witness certain acts that cannot be explained. Connections become apparent and relevant in areas where we would not expect them. In psychology, scientists label these experiences as apophenia, the tendency to perceive...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rivki012