conro094

• Commented on Tell Me When! [Leptin: Our body's hunger communicator]
    As noted in the article, it says 3 known people, not only three people. I don't think this is suggesting they are the only ones out there. Some obese people tend to become more resistant, meaning they learn how to...
  • Commented on The Death of Reason = The Human Heart
    I found this to be a very interesting appeal to reason as well. It seems that for the majority of the population, applying to ethos is the most effective argumentative method. I definitely think this plays into a lot of...
  • Posted Tell Me When! [Leptin: Our body's hunger communicator] to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    We all know the feeling of being full. Especially when one overeats, their stomach hurts and they feel lethargic--as if the body is mad at how much we ate. Even in times when we don't eat, we generally have a...
  • Commented on To Spank, Or Not To Spank
    I know that one of the kids that I frequently babysit was spanked and right after that developed a habit of hitting others. I found that interesting that by showing this behavior, even as punishment, the he picked it up...
  • Commented on Addicted to the Natural High
    Maybe not the activity itself would cause problems, but I would think that people that constantly desired this feeling would seek other dangerous experiences and this personality may bring others into risk. But that would be in extreme cases....
  • Commented on Water: Dangerous to our Health?
    I find it hard to believe that the fluoride in water is so detrimental to our health. Our country's water supply is much better than many other developing countries in the world, so it is surprising for such a taken...
  • Commented on The Brain as a Ticket to Travel.......out of your body
    The article is in Tags. And yes I agree, I just meant to infer that a common and interesting reaction to hearing these stories or even having these experiences is to apply other paranormal/mystical reasons to explain them… not that...
  • Posted The Brain as a Ticket to Travel.......out of your body to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    In "Out-of-body" experiences, an individual has a sense of our consciousness leaving our body. Often related to drug use and associated with a "paranormal" experience, out-of-body experiences provide us with an obstacle in thinking; they are a mystery to comprehend...
  • Commented on Were Lincoln and Kennedy Supernaturally Linked?
    I think this is a very interesting situation, because when we see links between two things we are quick to conclude a relationship or try and find meaning. But sometimes, there are incidences where there are coincidental similarities--but no link....
  • Commented on OCD: The Biological Truth
    It is interesting that there are such strong genetic links to these types of disorders, because so many people are fixed on relating them to life experiences or parenting, when it may be just as influenced biologically....
  • Commented on D.A.R.E. to Get Kids High
    I also took D.A.R.E. in middle school and these findings are very interesting, because thinking back I was forced to think a lot about drugs and alcohol whereas previously it did not really cross my mind. But what age would...
  • Commented on Interfering Subconscious
    This is a very interesting finding for the experiment results. It makes you question a lot of results and findings because of the other influences behind experiments, and also, how you can truly make the most unbiased and uninfluenced experimental...
  • Posted When Expectations Are Made Reality: The Nocebo Effect (Chapter 2) to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    What if simple thoughts about ourselves could alter our body to feel and experience pain? If the thoughts, whether or not they are true, are believed enough, could they really alter our physical reality? Our book talks about different...
  • Posted Engaging Justice Reflection/ Final Blog to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    I did not really know what to expect from this class, nor was I sure I would get much out of it. Nearing the end of the semester and looking back, I would say that I got twice as much...
  • Posted Human Trafficking in the US to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    After class articles and extended research on human trafficking, I have been amazed at how unaware I was of an issue that is so destructive and important to address, and is going on in my country--even in the city where...
  • Commented on Women's Freedoms and Prostitution
    I agree with these points. I struggled reading this article because I felt that her whole point was to create a "politically correct" viewpoint on prostitution by blaming religion for its immoral stigmas. I don't think it is an issue...
  • Commented on human agency and rape..
    I also felt the same about Sjoberg's article. It is frustrating that preconceived societal roles make people diminish human capability. Just as there are men who choose to commit these acts, there are women who make those same decisions. The...
  • Commented on human trafficking and new findings regarding child exploitation.
    I also read the article and found it very interesting. It definitely made me rethink my mindset on what human trafficking looks like, because a lot of their findings were the opposite of all of my preconceived notions. There is...
  • Commented on Disability and Inequality
    I am glad you posted about this because I think it is a very important issue that is under-acknowledged by many people, including the gov't. I participated in Project Homeless Connect last spring at the convention center, and several of...
  • Posted NY Times Blog on Anti-Gay Bullying to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    While researching for my discussion paper, I found a very compelling blog from 2009 by the NY Times columnist Charles M. Blow. The blog was in response to two 11 year olds' (Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover and Jaheem Herrera) suicides in...
  • Commented on "Shades of grey wherever I go/The more I find out the less that I know/Black and white is how it should be/But shades of grey are the colors I see." ~Billy Joel
    I thought this was a very interesting entry. I too was moved by the video we watched on DAM. Not only can I take for granted my general safety, food, and shelter, but I also take for granted the ability...
  • Commented on Gender Identity (Rant)
    I agree with this thought that our culture and society has an OCD with gender and cannot bear to see anything outside of the norms. If you identify anywhere in the "in between", you either are forced to play a...
  • Commented on David/Brenda Blog 3
    I like the point that you are bringing up. Our society is so firmly based on a black and white view of gender. There is very little room for the shades of gray. In our society, one who finds themselves...
  • Commented on David/Brenda Blog 3
  • Posted What is Justice? to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    What is Justice? To me, justice establishes several things. Justice balances, promotes fairness, and amends. Justice wills to adjust the imbalances of an unwarranted offense upon another individual, group, country, etc. Justice conveys the truth, highlighting what is just and...
  • Posted Assignment 1: Shannon Conroy to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    /Users/Shannon/Desktop/185866_10150162233906337_725816336_7901505_6801161_n.jpg
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from conro094

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page