gagno052

• Commented on Psych 1001 Words of Wisdom
    I agree that there is a lot I will take away from this class and I am happy for that. My favorite part is when you related this class to a "girlie magazine" because it is so true. The more...
  • Commented on Beauty and the Beast?!
    Sometimes I find that the rules of proximity are, for lack of a better word, funny. It's like saying, in the case of Beauty and the Beast, "well there's no one else around so I might as well give you...
  • Commented on Life is Short, Stay Awake for it
    I am so glad I read this article during a study break for finals. I definitely agree that now I am a college student I appreciate sleep so much more. Both my body and my brain need it. Its amazing...
  • Commented on Upside Down Obama
    There are many ways for your common sense to trick you but I would argue that it is possibly right more times than it is wrong. Even psychology attempts to place people into large groups and then leaves the minorities...
  • Commented on Eternal Sunshine of the Uneraseable Mind
    Okay. First, this is one of my favorite movies. Second, although its untrue it is interesting to think about erasing and creating memories in the brain. Bringing in another movie, Inception, would it ever be possible to erase or create...
  • Posted Depression SUCKS to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    With mental health awareness day happening this week I realized that there are so many people in my life that are affected by a mental health issue. Some are only affected by seasonal depression while others are suffering from...
  • Posted Consider the other Sexes to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Since I was young I have always been curious about sex and gender. I would ask "why do I have to sit on the toilet, it's gross?" or "why are those two people kissing?" I was raised to believe...
  • Commented on Effects of divorce on children
    I've always found it interesting that children with divorced parents are said to be worse off. However, I feel that this is a correlation and not a causation. More often than not parents who are getting divorced are fighting or...
  • Commented on Animal Talk (Speechless)
    I think this is a really cool idea and research project to explore. It might even allow us to discover more about what makes humans different or more similar to animals....
  • Commented on Am I a Good Parent??
    I think that it does matter what type of parenting style you do have. The last sentence almost contradicts they styles. They say, "As long as you provide your child with the appropriate amount of affection and discipline- the average...
  • Commented on Are lie detectors really accurate?
    There is also a lot more evidence in court that doesn't provide truthful information, such as, witness identification. Even though a witness could see the person their memory may not be as fresh days later. Also sometimes witnesses can be...
  • Commented on Eating Disorder Causes a High Death Rate
    The huge struggle that I see about eating disorders is that they are no different than alcoholism or a drug addiction. People know how bad these things are for their bodies but they have an emotional and physical connection to...
  • Commented on Take more Naps and STILL Have Time for Homework?
    I can personally say that napping really helps a lot more than attempting to sleep all the way through the night. I always feel more rested after getting 5 hours of sleep at night and a nap or two throughout...
  • Commented on Why Cats Rule
    I used to like to think of the difference between cats and dogs as the desire to please their 'masters'. My friend in Chicago had two cats, Veruca and Violet. Veruca is the cat that loves to please everyone and...
  • Commented on you don't smoke? you can't be cool!
    The effectiveness of an advertisement on people is all about two things. Are the people actually educated and are they targeting the right people? These smoking advertisements are terrible but if you think about it the doctor advertisement must have...
  • Commented on Who decides who I love?
    I have heard this argument before but I also think there are exceptions to this theory. As a woman if we are looking for someone who is successful it means more than they will be able to support a family....
  • Posted Do mental disorders root in disorders in consciousness and self-awareness? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Most of the time people with aspergers or autism are unconscious of their choices or what their actions are causing. Along with this there must also be a lack of self-awareness. It is interesting to think about these things as...
  • Commented on Can you hear that???
    I really liked learning about the ringtone when I was in high school but now the most interesting thing to use the sound for is theater pieces. Because the sound can be very annoying and can be set so that...
  • Commented on Prohibition! on sugar?
    I don't think the article loses its validity in applying emotional reasoning. I think they are simply trying to emphasize the article to get people to agree with them but it does not make their previous points any less valid....
  • Commented on "Who IS that?"
    I think the answer to your question is the difference in development of locations in the brain. Multiple parts of the brain don't develop at the same time so I'd assume that the part of the brain that stores long...
  • Commented on The Brain as a Ticket to Travel.......out of your body
    One of the things mentioned that really puzzles me is Deja-vu. I used to have it enough when I was younger to the point when I was wondering if I was actually psychic. I know that being psychic is actually...
  • Commented on Vegetarianism...Vegetables...NASTY!
    I'm also glad someone is talking about vegetarianism. One of the biggest deficiencies that vegetarians suffer from is, like corr0201 stated, is B12, amino acids, and iron. As a former vegetarian I can tell you it is very hard to...
  • Posted Think you can resist conformity? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    I and I know many other people like to think that they are unique and stand out in a crowd, but for how many of this is actually true? As social creatures we are more likely to conform than to...
  • Commented on RENT: Portrayal of Drug Abuse and Withdrawal
    Although rent has a good scene with Mimi to show the withdrawal someone can go through due to drugs, I would argue that there are at least two other movies that are better. Those movies are Requiem for a Dream...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from gagno052

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page