kongx154

• Commented on you don't smoke? you can't be cool!
    I agree that they manipulate you to smoke. I did a paper about tobacco, and it is the only consumer product that if you use as advertised, you have a 50% chance of dying. I really think that tobacco should...
  • Commented on Bike Helmets, should they be mandatory?
    Even though wearing a helmet makes you much more safe, I believe that people have the right to choose to wear a helmet. It's a risk that people take and if they want to be stupid and not wear a...
  • Commented on Things are never as simple as they seem
    Looking at different aspects is very important. If you only look at things one way, you are limited in improvement. It also helps you become talented in different ways. Looking at different aspects is crucial in business. Studies have shown...
  • Commented on Proximity is the most significant!
    I also believe that to keep a long term relationship, you need to have reasonable proximity. But I also believe that in certain cases, relationships can last without proximity. Look at the wives who are married to men in the...
  • Commented on Snape, Snape, Severus Snape...
    I thought it was very fun reading about your approach to describe Snape. It really shows how you can characterize people by the Big 5 personality traits. Even if the fictional character is non-human, you can still characterize them with...
  • Commented on Upside Down Obama
    Psychology is a scientific field, but I feel that psychology is a bunch of hypothesis and theories. Many famous psychologist contradict each other because there is no way to prove how each person thinks. The uniqueness of humans is why...
  • Commented on Eternal Sunshine of the Uneraseable Mind
    Many people try different things to forget things. From doing drugs, or deleting the person they want to forget about from everything they own. I've seen this movie and it made me think a lot about how precious memories are....
  • Commented on Future of Love
    I thought about how you can use these principles to your advantage. Like being in many different clubs with increase the people you see which would increase the people close to your proximity. Liking many things would increase similarity with...
  • Commented on Can True Love Conquer All?
    I feel like 5 years is a little soon for us but I agree that most of us will eventually get married. I believe that proximity and similarity has most to do with attraction and relationships....
  • Commented on Finding my inner Zen
    I find that I become less stressful when I have complete control of mostly everything. If I fail in something, I know that its my fault and I can change it. But if someone else causes a problem in your...
  • Commented on Feeling Groggy?
    Unlike most people, I have actually gotten more sleep in college than in high school. But I completely agree with how getting less sleep can pretty much make you a different person. In high school I would stay up late...
  • Commented on Disney in Love
    Disney truly made films that EVERYONE will enjoy. They display natural themes that are seen in every different kind of films. They help teach our kids lessons that other films cant....
  • Commented on What are the real effects of alcohol?
    There are pros and cons to drinking. Pros, getting sloppy is fun. Cons, there will be negative effects on your liver when your older and you run the risk of getting heart disease and other diseases. I just feel like...
  • Commented on Beauty Throughout the Ages
    I feel like the media is making girls feel like they have to be skinny to be attractive and that's why there are higher rates or anorexia and bulimia throughout the years....
  • Commented on False Stimulation
    I really like the example of stepping out from the water and operant conditioning. It's really interesting to think of it thatway and not classical conditioning....
  • Commented on The Science of Arousal
    I completely agree with this. When I watch ads and see ads with beautiful women, I feel more attracted to buying the product no matter how bad the product is. Most people strive to have the best or look the...
  • Commented on The Different Systems of Memory
    I feel that memory is very important in life. What's life if you don't remember it? Having solid long term memories could make you a complete different person. Always remembering good events would make you more happy compared to only...
  • Commented on Beauty and the Beast?!
    I completely agree with this. Throughout my life I noticed that many people become in relationships with people near them and have similar hobbies. Even having last names that start with the same letter helps....
  • Commented on Life is Short, Stay Awake for it
    I actually read an article that said one of the most important things to do is sleep less and enjoy life more. There have been sleep cycles that people would do where they can get minimal sleep and still feel...
  • Commented on Stages of Development: A New Way of Thinking
    I think it's interesting how babies develop differently. I have heard many different stories about how some babies can walk very early and how some take years before being able to walk...
  • Posted Parenting Styles and How Parents Should Be to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Most parents strive to be the best parents, but they all have different ways of parenting. Based on Diana Baumrind's work, she described three major styles of parenting, permissive, authoritarian, and authoritative. Permissive parents are the nice parents. They give...
  • Posted Amnesia and its life altering effects to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Do you ever wonder how your life would change if you could not remember your childhood, or if you can't form new memories? Well if you had amnesia, those possibilities might become a reality. There are different types of amnesia....
  • Posted Detecting Lies to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    E. H. Chapin once said, "A small lie, if it actually is a lie, condemns a man as much as a big and black falsehood. If a man will deliberately cheat to the amount of a single cent, give him...
  • Commented on The Brain as a Ticket to Travel.......out of your body
    So interesting! I didn't realize the complexity of our bodies! The part about deja-vu was really good and it made me think about the times I had deja-vu. I really wish I would have an out of body experience. It...
  • Posted Amnesia and its life altering effects to F11 PSY1001 Sections 14 & 15
  • Posted Opponent Process Theory and how it affects us to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    The Opponent Process Theory is easily explained that we perceive colors in terms of three different pairs of colors. These pairs are red or green, blue or yellow, or black or white. This theory is important because, it explains how...
  • Posted Human vs. Polygraph tests for detecting lies to F11 PSY1001 Sections 14 & 15
  • Posted Parenting Styles and How Parents Should Be to F11 PSY1001 Sections 14 & 15
  • Posted Amnesia to F11 PSY1001 Sections 14 & 15
  • Posted Dissociation Theory to F11 PSY1001 Sections 14 & 15
    Dissociation theory is a theory of hypnosis. Hilgard defined dissociation as a division of consciousness, in which attention, effort, and planning are carried out without awareness. Dissociation is important because hypnosis is used around the work. Some people even choose...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kongx154

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page