dier0131

• Commented on The Science of Arousal
    I am taking a class that studies advertising and the subliminal messages it sends to us as a whole and what it says about our society and I think this blog touches on the connections that are underlying advertisements and...
  • Commented on Beauty and the Beast?!
    This post was a very easy read and I liked how you tied in a Disney movie as applying the rules of attraction. I find similarity, reciprocity and proximity very interesting rules of attraction because they hold strong in the...
  • Commented on Life is Short, Stay Awake for it
    Back when we were reading about sleep stages and our sleeping patterns I found myself having very strange dreams and remembering them completely whereas normally I never remember my dreams. I found it very interesting that this was all happening...
  • Commented on False Stimulation
    I always found this concept hard to grasp because when given other situations I could never separate what was the conditioning and just the natural reaction. It has made me examine instances where habit forces me to do certain things...
  • Commented on Upside Down Obama
    I found this picture of Obama that was shown in chapter one very interesting because it made me realize how much our mind can fool us when trying to make things right. I find my mind tricking myself many times...
  • Commented on Understanding.... what you're reading.
    I agree in that I have started looking at many different situations and realizing that what is being presented might have other causes and could be susceptible to correlation vs. causation. I found psychology so interesting in the beginning of...
  • Commented on Psychology and me
    Many times I find myself wishing that I had been raised with another language or stuck with German or Spanish (the two languages I was taught throughout middle school and high school)because not only how much it will get you...
  • Commented on Crazy Cat Lady
    I found myself relating with this section of our reading and being able to tie in what I was learning from the book with my own personal relationships and experiences! I find proximity being a leading factor for many of...
  • Posted Separated at Birth. to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    As I thought back on all we had learned throughout the semester I kept catching myself being concerned with the studies done to test nature vs. nurture. Certain researchers would separate identical twins at birth and study their behaviors identifying...
  • Commented on Separated at Birth
    I also found this study very interesting as I have a set of identical twins in my family. Growing up with my sisters it was hard for me to understand why everyone had such troubles differentiating between the two and...
  • Commented on Crowds Acting As One
    I think this is a very well applied blog! I find myself being heavily influenced by others in a crowd at sporting events because most of the time I'm not paying very close attention to whats happening so I normally...
  • Commented on Want to be Successful?
    This is a very helpful blog, this is something that stood out to me as well throughout this course. I plan on remembering this logic for the rest of my life and hopefully I will be able to apply it...
  • Commented on I Just Can't Get Enough...sleep
    I appreciate this blog because I often find myself feeling very drowsy and out of it when I wake up. I have also found that if I get next to no sleep on a weekend night it will affect me...
  • Commented on Does your attractiveness affect your Career and Relationships
    This blog confronts a very common issue throughout our world today. It's sad that this is such a huge factor not only in society but in the business world. I would assume that company's would look further than looks to...
  • Commented on The Polygraph Test: Convicting Innocent People Since 1915
    I've always wondered about the validity of a lie detector test because whenever somebody interrogates me I find myself getting nervous and showing signs of what others would see as guilt....
  • Commented on Tell Me When! [Leptin: Our body's hunger communicator]
    I think that's very interesting that there are only three known people lacking this hormone! Is that throughout the world? I always find myself eating until I'm stuffed and then completely regret it. Could this hormone be used in weight...
  • Commented on When Your Lie Detector Test Lies to You
    I have always found lie detector tests very interesting because often times I find myself getting nervous when interrogated by my parents or members of authority, even if I have done nothing wrong. I look guilty and feel guilty just...
  • Commented on Freakonomics: Decision Making with a Twist
    I'm reading this book for my management class and as economic books go it is very interesting with the clever ways it relates two lifestyles that at first glance look as though they have nothing in common. However I don't...
  • Commented on Does Legalizing Abortion Decrease Crime Rates?
    First off abortion is legal so I don't know what you mean by "imagine what would happen". And secondly if you read my entry I didn't say I agreed with the theory, I said it lacked solid evidence and didn't...
  • Posted Does Legalizing Abortion Decrease Crime Rates? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    A chapter from the book Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner looks at the decrease in crime rates from the 90s on. The authors look at all of the explanations that experts had given on the crime...
  • Commented on Prohibition! on sugar?
    Wow!! I can't believe the huge increase in our use of sugar over the years! I know that recently my parents have gone on a health kick and are always trying to get me to stop eating my favorite snacks...
  • Commented on Art Taken to a New Dimension
    Once while I was on stumbleupon I found a website that had many of these types of sidewalk art where they also had the 3D effect. Some of them are so interesting to look at, I would love to see...
  • Posted Overdosing on Water? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    You can never have enough water! With this mentality it is common knowledge that the average human should drink at least eight cups of water per day. However an article taken from the Scientific American seems to suggest that...
  • Posted The Brain: Just a Radiator for the Heart? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    There was a time when philosophers contemplated the true meaning of the brain and thought it of little importance, irrelevant to our mental being. This is a very huge difference from our current understanding of the brain as the most...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from dier0131

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page