gorre010

• Commented on Why Do I Do What I Do?
    What I found most interesting about conditioning is 1.) in classical conditioning slower learning means longer lasting results, and 2.) a combination of operant and classical conditioning can be used to treat drug addiction. I am guilty of forgetting that...
  • Commented on Beauty Throughout the Ages
    We have taken small steps in terms of society's intoxication with the need to be 'perfect' (whatever perfect is), but we have a long way to go. Recently a friend posted pictures on Facebook of mannequins which are realistic in...
  • Commented on The Science of Arousal
    I think this is particularly dangerous when you consider the unconscious mind. We are not always aware of why we are making decisions, or if that we are making decisions! No wonder why so much money is spent on advertising....
  • Posted What Controls Our Minds? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    The concept that I still cannot seem to get my head around is the control the unconscious mind has over us. Even when we truly believe that we are consciously making decisions, we are not. A recent PSY 1001...
  • Commented on Seriously Stressed Out
    Stress is inevitable, and I am currently undergoing the most stressful year of my life as well. I am a non traditional student, so instead of getting married, having kids, and buying a home like most other people my age,...
  • Commented on Part of the Crowd
    I completely agree and have seen this in myself over the past few years. I am a non traditional student. I worked for 8 years in an office setting and got really tired of sitting by myself in front of...
  • Commented on Wait, I Thought That??
    My favorite blog so far! I was in marketing for 8 years (rural area, small company). I started to analyze all sorts of marketing/advertising and just got fed up. Being a female, I started to wonder about the beauty industry...
  • Commented on I Just Can't Get Enough...sleep
    I'm in the same boat! I work and attend school - and there is never enough time to do it all. I have always been a sleeper, and really don't recall ever feeling well rested. I feel sleepy every day....
  • Posted Is Samantha Brick "Too Beautiful" or "Just Average"? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    The outraged and comical responses to Samantha Brick's blog "There are downsides to looking this Pretty: Why Women Hate Me for Being Beautiful", just about broke the internet. In the blog, the French freelance writer claims to have received...
  • Commented on Is that $300 Burning A Hole In Your Pocket? Try Speed-Reading!
    Haha....not at your but at your entertaining post. It was a good, engaging read. I too fall victim to hoaxes, of many kinds but mostly to female products. To put a positive spin to it, I'm hopeful. :) I guess...
  • Commented on Divorce is a GOOD thing
    I totally agree!!! I've been saying this for years: showing children two healthy relationships (assuming the parents can each remarry into a loving and productive relationship) to use as reference is better than one bad example! If anything, what every...
  • Commented on Taylor Swift: A Genius
    This is extremely interesting. I agree with your point, to a point, there is something to say about knowledge diversity. Although, we don't know of the teacher's start with the individual's intellectual type as a starting point, to then slide...
  • Commented on Is Your Brain Shrinking?
    It is interesting that there are preventative measures for this disease. I suppose there are for any disease, but because it has to do with our brain is maybe why I didn't connect it. I knew the effects were genetic,...
  • Commented on Are you in charge of yourself? Not as much as you'd think.
    FYI: I'm not able to click to any additional info. Double check your links? This information is completely odd. I mean, it makes sense that the brain knows what the body will do first, because the brain has to tell...
  • Commented on A Teenager's...Accidental...Secret Weapon
    Too funny! This may be my favorite post to date. Darn teenagers! I knew dogs had a greater sensitivity to sounds, and now that you mention this it makes sense. Just like vision, hearing usually worsens as we get older....
  • Commented on I'm not blind, I can see with my ears!
    This reminds me of a TV advertisement for a children's hospital, stating that pity is 100% curable. it also reminds me of being amazed with Stevie Wonder as a child...a blind man playing the piano blew my mind. Endurance and...
  • Commented on The Art of Deception
    This type of art is fascinating. I would love to see some in person to see how the effect is different. If you think about art, it is all about perception and understanding how the viewer will react in conjunction...
  • Commented on The Art of Deception
  • Commented on The Brain as a Ticket to Travel.......out of your body
    Also, I recently read the book 'Heaven is for Real' which is about a toddler having a near death experience and visiting Heaven. His father is a pastor, and although he says the child had experienced things he had no...
    Very interesting title and post. My roommate has had out of body dreams. We have learned in earlier chapters that we tend to look for reasons as to why things happen. With many not knowing how the human brain, nervous...
  • Posted Why Cats Rule to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    It has long been my opinion that cats are better pets than dogs. They don't have to be let outside to relieve themselves, you can leave them alone for a few days with ample food and water, and they don't...
  • Commented on Was President Bush Really THAT Dumb?
    Very catchy title, and interesting post. I thought it was going to be more of a bash on former President Bush. However it was a quite interesting topic delivered using a controversial subject. When it comes to intelligence I wonder...
  • Posted Therapists Want Your Acceptance Too to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    When trying to solve a problem, you first have to accept the problem for what it is, correct? A day planner doesn't necessarily help time management, nor does extra sleep solve laziness. Instead of trying to change behaviors or negative...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from gorre010

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page