holt0703

• Commented on Playing Tetris isn't Only for Procrastination Anymore
    This article makes me have two different responses. My first response is that I am happy because I often find myself taking "breaks" from studying to play games such as Tetris. My other response is that I'm mad I read...
  • Commented on The Mozart Effect
    I find this funny because my AP Chemistry teacher in high school always played classical music during our exams because he claimed it made students do better on the tests. I was always curious as to whether or not this...
  • Commented on Were Lincoln and Kennedy Supernaturally Linked?
    This is one of the things that I most remember reading about from our psychology textbook because I found it so interesting. I logically know that there is no connection between Lincoln and Kennedy, but it is so tempting to...
  • Commented on Teaching Braille Makes Sense
    I never knew how braille worked, so thank you for giving me some brief insight! The part of this article that I found most interesting was that 90% of blind children are never taught to read braille, even though those...
  • Commented on My take on how genetics affects our behavior
    It's interesting to think that a lot of how we respond to situations is a result of our genetics. The point you made about being afraid of heights even though no one told us to be is interesting. I think...
  • Commented on Vegetarianism...Vegetables...NASTY!
    To be honest I could never be a vegetarian because I like meat too much, but I do have a good friend who is one. Judging by his diet, I wish I could get into it. He is much healthier...
  • Commented on Why Your Dog Wouldn't Bark Up the Wrong Tree
    I guess I always knew dogs could hear things we could not (dog whistles) but I never really connected it with a heightened sense of hearing. I suppose that's why dogs make such good pets to protect against burglars, they...
  • Commented on Zombies Really Do Come Out at Night
    By far the most interesting thing I learned from Psychology this year is just that the brain is so complicated. It's truly amazing how much the brain actually does and how efficient it is at doing it. I love how...
  • Commented on Is Face Recognition a Learned Ability?
    This is definitely something I never would have thought of, but it makes sense. I feel like this is a cause of the fact that people from different areas of the world have different facial features, so we need to...
  • Commented on Freakonomics: Decision Making with a Twist
    I had to read this book for high school, and I must say that it is one of my favorite books I have read. Economics is interesting to me, but this book took a totally different approach to things. If...
  • Commented on Detecting Lies
    I definitely agree that it is easier to tell when someone is lying if that person is someone you know well. My siblings have a hard time getting anything past me, and I past them. As for strangers, I can...
  • Commented on Why don't you understand what I'm SAYING?
    This definition makes a lot of sense to me. A lot of the time I find using logic to argue with someone is useless because they are unwilling to really listen to my logic. Instead, they have preset morals set...
  • Commented on Virtual Aggression
    As you discussed, there seems to be a lot of conflicting evidence on the topic of violent video games. Because of this it's hard to know for sure what the effects are, but I think video games are often used...
  • Commented on Am I a Good Parent??
    I'm no parent myself, but I definitely think too much thought is put into what type of parent is the "best." Much like you said, I think it is just important to love your children and give them attention and...
  • Commented on Beauty Throughout the Ages
    I definitely think anorexia and bulimia are topics that we try to ignore as a society. It's sad that we have convinced ourselves that models are "normal" and that us actual normal people are fat. What I always found interesting...
  • Commented on The Science of Arousal
    You mentioned how beer commercials use attractive women to advertise to men which I think is an excellent example. It's sad that almost any man could tell you that they know they only include the attractive women in ads to...
  • Commented on The Different Systems of Memory
    I guess it shouldn't be surprising that something related to your possible career would be the thing you will most remember, but I think it's definitely an important topic. My great grandma had Alzheimer's and it was sad to see...
  • Commented on Beauty and the Beast?!
    Very good connection of the rules of attraction with Beauty and the Beast! I'm impressed. I agree with what you said. A lot may change in five years, and even more will change in twenty years, but the rules of...
  • Commented on Life is Short, Stay Awake for it
    I completely agree with everything you said Mr. Hamilton! At the beginning of the year I tried to stay up late doing homework (or slacking) and never took naps. Oh boy did that come back to haunt me! I quickly...
  • Posted Principles Imprinted to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    This intro to psychology course has taught me a wide range of things. Some of the things I've learned have seemed like common sense, while others have really surprised me to be true. The one thing that I will remember...
  • Posted Business: it's a Multicultural Affair to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Seeing as I'm in Carlson, I decided it would be worthwhile to look at problem solving in cross cultural business practices. I took a Management class last semester which lightly discussed the difference in businesses across cultures, so I previously...
  • Posted Was President Bush Really THAT Dumb? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    For my second blog post I opened the book to a random chapter and started looking around. The chapter I picked happened to be number 9, "Intelligence and IQ Testing." One of the sections talked about different intelligence types which...
  • Commented on Hypnosis Myths Exposed
    Very interesting read hamil445. I certainly hope the jury knows about these myths when making a decision! While the man may have been acting unethically, he certainly cannot be blamed for this death!...
  • Posted What Alcohol Means for You to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    It may be no surprise to you that college students drink alcohol. While we are not alone in our alcohol consumption, drinking has a large impact on every aspect of our lives. The way each person responds to alcohol is...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from holt0703

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page