lauwa006

• Posted Everyone's Doing It, So It's OK to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Something that I found extremely interesting and what is very prevalent in today's world is social conformity. Conformity is changing one's behavior as a result of group pressure. This occurs in people of all ages throughout the world. Solomon Asch's...
  • Commented on If You Want to Hang With Us, Smoke This.
    I think this brings awareness to a truly prevalent issue in today's world, especially in teens. Teens are constantly being bombarded by their "friends" with encouragements to partake in possibly illegal and dangerous activities. Like you said, it can feel...
  • Commented on Little Alchemy and Little Processing
    I have played this game before and it can be lot of fun, but at the same time be very frustrating. I think you did a great job in analyzing the cognitive processes that go into playing this game. As...
  • Commented on Dying to be Beautiful
    I think you make a great point that anorexia is truly a psychological problem. People who may not have much knowledge in this area might just figure that eating more food will solve the problem. However, it is much more...
  • Posted The Key to Weight Loss? Eating Snacks to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    As many Americans aspire to lose weight, they are looking for the best diet and meal plans out there. Of course, advertisements hit people with thousands of different ways to lose weight, many of these methods being very unsuccessful and...
  • Commented on Blame Your Brain, Not Your Stomach
    I think this blog really brings to light one of the most prominent issues in America today. Obesity in the U.S. is a very large and growing problem. As many models and actors and actresses are very thin, often times...
  • Commented on I have to do math to see how smart I am?
    I think this is a good representation of intelligence tests and how they work. I also think it is interesting how there are so many different types of tests to test intelligence. It might be interesting to look into what...
  • Commented on Dad is Part of the Equation for Success
    I agree with you that both a father and mother are very important for the healthy development of a child. I am not so sure what you mean when you say a father has a large impact even when they...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's, A Growing Problem
    I think Alzheimer's is a topic that should continue to be researched and explored in great depth. It is a very sad and unfortunate disease affecting millions worldwide. More research should be done on some of the causes you mentioned....
  • Commented on Do You Remember Last Night?
    I think you make a really good point. When viewing others who may totally forget something, it might seem very humorous. However, when it happens to you, it is not so funny. Hearing stories from friends or seeing pictures of...
  • Commented on Bilingualism: An Advantage?
    I definitely agree that learning other languages is a great way to learn about other cultures throughout the world. In high school, I took Spanish for four years and really enjoyed it. I did not have the opportunity to visit...
  • Commented on Consciousness... In Robots?
    I think this is very interesting, but I do feel that robots obtaining a consciousness similar to ours is very far from happening. I think the "learning by example" of robots is similar to what parrots do in a way....
  • Commented on Advertising. Is It Really That Simple?
    It is no doubt that what advertisers are doing is working to sell products all throughout today's world. Sometimes I see 'Hot Wheels" commercials on TV and think to myself, why would anyone be interested in that? Turns out I...
  • Commented on The Smart Dog, Jesse
    Wow Jesse really is the smartest dog in the world! What a great example of the amazing things operant conditioning can do. I think this takes a great deal of patience. Dogs are not always going to respond the way...
  • Commented on Why am I Hungry Again?
    First of all, I really like the cartoon. It's a great, humorous example of classical conditioning. I agree that classical conditioning is one of the most important aspects of psychology. Classical conditioning is all around us in the world today....
  • Commented on State Dependent Learning: Drunken Recall
    The ability to recall where something is after you have hidden it while drunk and then finding it later when you are in a similar drunken state seems somewhat unlikely. But, I still think it would be interesting to do...
  • Commented on Why Your Dog Wouldn't Bark Up the Wrong Tree
    Wow! Very interesting how dogs can hear something up to 4 times farther than we can. Also very interesting how dogs are able to drown out other sounds and focus their attention on what they feel is most important at...
  • Commented on Art Illusions
    I always find these bi-stable like images very interesting. It is incredible how quickly the brain can process individual information in order to conjure up an image that turns out to be a woman's face in this case. This bottom-up...
  • Commented on Can you hear that???
    I found it very interesting how companies and places are actually using these high pitched frequencies in order to deter teens from loitering and other crimes. I don't think I have personally been aware of such sounds in my life...
  • Posted I'm not blind, I can see with my ears! to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Many of us go through life taking sight and vision for granted. But what about those people that do not have eyes with which they can see? Perhaps there is another way in which these people can "see" the world...
  • Commented on Adrenaline Miracle
    I actually did my first blog about adrenaline as well. I think the effects that high adrenaline levels can have on the body are remarkable. I read somewhere that a woman was able to lift a car to save her...
  • Commented on To Spank, Or Not To Spank
    I agree that a sort of hybrid parenting style (combination of permissive and authoritarian) is necessary in raising children. As for me and my siblings, none of us were spanked when being brought up. However, we were not given everything...
  • Posted We Are All Superhumans to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chapter 3 provides an in-depth analysis of the biological aspect of psychology. The chapter is centered around the structure and function of the human brain. Biological psychologists continue to look for ways in which the nervous system and human behavior...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lauwa006

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page