lindm049

• Commented on Birth Order: Does It Really Matter?
    Interesting topic, I could maybe see a relation between personalities in your family and a traditional family. I'd be interested however if birth order had any effect on personality if kids were reared apart, only one parent took care of...
  • Commented on Wait, I Thought That??
    Interesting topic, I was skeptical at first of tests measuring unconscious thoughts however after reading your blog, I gained respect for them. I now want to try one of these tests to learn more about the unconscious....
  • Commented on Part of the Crowd
    Interesting topic, based on what I've experienced in my own life I'd agree that doing anything while being in a group leads to better results. A great example of this is group fitness classes offered at many gyms around the...
  • Commented on Stop telling me to be thin!
    Interesting article, I might be going against the grain when I say that I think it is a good thing that overweight people are called losers on the show. America is facing an obesity epidemic that will only continue to...
  • Commented on The Fastest Way of Losing Weight?
    Interesting article, I'm not really sure where I stand exactly on the issue presented, I agree that media influences people on the way they think about their appearance, however, even runway models aren't as skinny as someone with an eating...
  • Commented on Does your attractiveness affect your Career and Relationships
    Interesting blog, I've learned in college that even businesses operate on an emotional level instead of purely logical. This shouldn't be a surprise however since humans work for companies and humans are emotional animals. While it may not be fair...
  • Commented on How the Big5 are reflected in your study habits.
    Interesting topic, I also agree that the Big 5 personality traits reflect at least partially, someone's study habits. However I also believe that you can change your study habits, regardless of personality. I also liked that you conducted a small...
  • Commented on If You Want to Hang With Us, Smoke This.
    Interesting topic, I think that personality plays a big role in how far people go to blend in with others. While I agree that humans are social animals, I wonder how big of an influence the media plays in one's...
  • Commented on How easy it is to NOT mess up your kids.
    Interesting topic, going off of what I said in another blog, I hold the opinion that as long as children aren't in a harmful environment, either psychologically or physically, that any parenting style is sufficient. I think some people are...
  • Commented on Scientific thinking
    Interesting article, I think one of the main things that I'll take with me from both this class and college in general is that there is never an answer that is right all of the time or a simple explanation...
  • Commented on To catch a criminal
    Interesting article, I think that unfortunately while it might be cool on television, criminal profiling shouldn't be a technique used by the FBI today. I am interested in why they continue to use criminal profiling however, when our textbook claims...
  • Commented on Needles in your back?
    Interesting blog, I've never personally had it done however I'd be open to trying it. I think that in the near future many alternative health treatments will start taking root in the U.S., possibly to combat the obesity epidemic. The...
  • Commented on I challenge you to a duel.....
    Interesting article, maybe it's just me but I had never really heard about major cultural differences existing in different regions before this course. I wonder why the concept of "culture of honor" isn't evident in the north. Was it abandoned...
  • Commented on Don't Be a Meanie!!!!!!
    I hold the opinion that as long as children aren't in a harmful environment, either psychologically or physically, that any parenting style is sufficient. While some children may respond better to certain styles, I think that regardless of parenting style,...
  • Commented on The Effects of Authority & Our Future
    Similar to what bake045 said, I've also thought about the atrocities committed by the Nazi's in World War II and was always amazed that people carried out Hitler's orders without question. The Milgram studies offer an explanation of behavior that...
  • Commented on Taught in the classroom- Classical Conditiong.
    Interesting topic, I had thought about the topic of advertising techniques prior to the class however the course has made it apparent to me how influential classical conditioning can be on people. The more people that understand the underlying concepts...
  • Commented on The Key to Our Success-Personality!
    Interesting topic, I'll definitely keep the knowledge I learned about personality with me for a long time. I was also surprised at the similarities in how I scored on the BPP and how I act in general. I think the...
  • Commented on Sleep Is Everything
    Interesting blog, I wonder if the number of calories expended throughout the day has anything to do with the amount of sleep needed. I know that for me, the amount of sleep I need to feel refreshed goes against common...
  • Posted Things are never as simple as they seem to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    A few days ago, my parents and I began discussing the latest episode of "The Celebrity Apprentice", a reality show that features two teams of celebrities competing in business related tasks in order to raise money for charity. As with...
  • Posted "I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you."-Friedrich Nietzsche to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."-Mark Twain "Lie to Me" was a moderately successful television show on FOX that was canceled last year. The basic idea of the show was that Tim Roth, a psychologist...
  • Posted Advertising between 1960-2012: How much have consumers changed? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    After our dialog about advertising in psychology discussion section, I began wondering if many of the principles used in advertising today have roots dating back many years. Themes such as emotional transfer, sex, stereotypes, and nostalgia are common in ads...
  • Commented on Sugar, Spice and Everything....Not Nice..?
    Interesting topic, after reading I think I might be a supertaster due to having some of they symptoms listed. I generally prefer bland foods and not much variety, among others. I wonder if they're is a scientific way to ascertain...
  • Commented on Lose 2 pounds per day gaurunteed!
    Consuming only 500 calories a day would make you lose weight however for a person of average weight this would not be enough calories. The body instead would cannibalize muscle and fat in order to have a sufficient caloric intake....
  • Posted Psychological Treatments: Can you teach an old dog new tricks? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chapter 16 is an interesting chapter devoted to explaining and clarifying various psychological and biological treatments available in order to help people change. One of the psychological approaches that I found particularly interesting was the behavioral approach, where behavior therapists...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lindm049

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page