loose014

• Commented on Let's Talk About Stress!
    That was a very helpful link for ways to reduce stress. I liked that it included ways to reduce stress before tests because I am already starting to get stressed over finals. Thanks for adding the helpful link!...
  • Commented on 60 Year Old Memory Wiz
    Memory is a very interesting topic. I also find it weird how you can remember small facts from years ago that aren't important but can't even remember what you ate for lunch yesterday. Overall, the brain and memory is very...
  • Commented on Playing Tetris isn't Only for Procrastination Anymore
    That is very interesting that games like Tetris can help prevent symptoms of PTSD. I wish you would have included a link to where you found out about this study because it is very intriguing....
  • Commented on Free Will: Is it Just a Compelling Illusion?
    I believe in people having complete free will. It is impossible to prove in any way that free will is just an illusion. I think that people can choose to do what they want when they want and I feel...
  • Commented on Memory "kills" an innocent man
    I believe that eye witness testimonies shouldn't be enough to convict someone because of how fallible it can be. There should have to be some physical evidence connecting the alleged criminal to the crime or else people could be put...
  • Commented on D.A.R.E. to Get Kids High
    I took D.A.R.E in elementary school as well. I feel like it was good for the students then but I believe it is important to keep teaching kids about the negative effects of drugs more than just the one program....
  • Commented on The Murder of Kitty Genovese
    That is interesting about the lecture halls when the teacher makes a mistake. I notice things like that a lot but I never point it out to the teacher because I do not like to speak up like that. I...
  • Commented on Can You Control Your Dreams?
    I have started to have more and more lucid dreams lately but as you mentioned, I always seem to wake up very soon after I discover that I am dreaming because I get overly excited. I found it very interesting...
  • Commented on Killing the Wrong Man
    I agree that eye witness testimonies shouldn't be able to be the only evidence in a case because of how flawed it has proven to be. If a group of people witnesses the same thing, it is almost guaranteed that...
  • Commented on SAT: A) Accurate or B) Bogus
    I still think that admission tests like that ACT or SAT a do a reasonably good job at what they are supposed to do. There is really no other way to judge students between different schools and states. Then again,...
  • Commented on We Are All Superhumans
    I have also been very intrigued by adrenaline. It is amazing what people can do in dangerous situations that wouldn't even seem humanly possible. It would be cool if there was a way to control that to where people could...
  • Commented on Think You Can See the Future?
    It is almost impossible to prove or disprove ESP because they make it so that it is unfalsifiable. If you show that it is wrong in a study, they come up with excuses for why it didn't work. I think...
  • Commented on Feeling Groggy?
    I agree that sleep is extremely important in college. It is not worth it to stay up late doing homework if you do not get enough sleep because is will have a negative impact on your ability to get work...
  • Commented on False Stimulation
    I never thought of it like that. I think that your example of stepping out from the water is an example of operant conditioning and not classical conditioning though because it is voluntary behavior based on preventing the consequence of...
  • Commented on Sleep Is Everything
    I found that me reading this article at 2 in the morning pretty ironic. I agree that sleep is very important but I can't figure out why some people need more sleep than others. My roommate sleeps around 6-7 hours...
  • Commented on Animal Training, It's Pretty Simple
    I found this blog very interesting. I am also interested in learning how to better train animals because my mom just got a new puppy last summer. She went to some dog training classes and spent a lot of money...
  • Commented on Psych 1001 Words of Wisdom
    This is an interesting post. I have also started to bring up topics from psychology class during my daily life. There is a lot of useful information that we have learned and I like to quote it during arguments like...
  • Commented on improve your life with psychology
    I agree that this course has taught us many psychological concepts that are useful in our everyday lives. I like the link that you added about the useful psychology concepts. It had a lot of good information in it. Thanks!...
  • Posted Improving your memory to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    There were many interesting and useful concepts taught in this psychology class. I feel like the most important and most useful chapter in the book was the chapter on memory. You can use the information from that chapter for...
  • Commented on Wait, I Thought That??
    This blog was very good. I am really glad that you put a link to the site to take the tests. I went and took one and was very surprised at the outcome....
  • Commented on "You Guys are Wrong! But..."
    I thought that this study was very interesting. At first, I couldn't believe how many people started to conform and knowingly give incorrect answers to the questions. Now that I think about it, I feel like I may have been...
  • Posted Effects of divorce on children to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Have you ever wondered how divorce effects the children in the family? Well I think this is an interesting topic because my parents got divorced when I was younger. I did some research online about possible effects that divorce...
  • Posted Lose 2 pounds per day gaurunteed! to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    There is a new diet fad called the HCG diet. It consists of taking an injection or drop of HCG and eating only 500 calories per day. It claims to give you more energy, burn your fat, and decrease...
  • Posted Can you really control your dreams? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Chapter 5 is all about consciousness of the human mind. It explained a lot about sleeping, such as different sleep disorders and dreams. It also talked about drugs and the effect that they have on consciousness. The thing that really...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from loose014

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page