nels7737

• Posted Less is Definitely More to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    A very interesting concept, the bystander effect, is a concept I will definitely remember 5 years from now. It is the idea that the greater number of people present, the less likely people will be willing to help someone in...
  • Commented on Taking Action: What I learned from PSY 1001
    I think this is a great topic to remember in five years. it is very surprising that so many people are not willing to help when there is a large group of people around. If I am ever in a...
  • Commented on Is Chocolate a Sign of True Love?
    This is a great blog. I definitely agree that people focus on the feelings responses and sappy holidays associated with love instead of the actual reasons that made you fall in love. It would be weird though to hear someone...
  • Commented on Birth Order: Does It Really Matter?
    This is a very interesting topic. I agree with you that birth order does not really exist. I am the youngest, and I am definitely not the risk-taker in the family. The labels presented do not fit us and I...
  • Commented on "I Can Do Better When You Are Watching Me" - Social Facilitation
    Your blog provides good information on personal performance. I agree that situation affects how people react, regardless of their personality, but I feel people will react in many different ways. Most people will want to impress people when they are...
  • Commented on Crowds Acting As One
    Your blog is very interesting. I completely agree with social contagion. Sometimes at sporting events, I find myself reacting the same ways as others even if I missed the exciting play. You always seem to follow the others around you....
  • Commented on Sometimes, "few" is better than "many".
    The bystander effect is interesting to me. You would think that a large crowd would be willing to help a person in danger, but in fact it is better to have a smaller group present. I agree with the fact...
  • Commented on Wait, I Thought That??
    Your blog was very interesting. It is crazy what our minds can really do. I have taken many surveys and thought I knew what they outcome would be, but it always turned out to be different. It is very interesting...
  • Commented on I have to do math to see how smart I am?
    I really enjoyed all of your examples regarding the various types of IQ testing. It was interesting to learn the background behind them, and to find out there were several different types. I have always been suspicious whether or not...
  • Commented on Effects of divorce on children
    I feel that even though divorce can be heart-breaking and hard to deal with, I don't necessarily feel that it always has negative effects on the children. I think when the parent's relationship is no longer healthy and happy, the...
  • Commented on Dad is Part of the Equation for Success
    I agree that both parents are crucial in the raising of a child. They both satisfy different needs in a child's life, and together create an 'example' for a child to experience when growing up. Growing up myself with both...
  • Posted Am I a Good Parent?? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    When it comes to parenting, there are many different ideas on how to raise a child. Some people take ideas from their parents. Some get ideas from friends. Others read books or take classes on parenting. No one has all...
  • Commented on Help! I'm Lost in the Store!
    I think your blog is very good. I like that you focused on a personal experience. It made it more fun to read. It is really interesting how 2 people can remember memories in totally different ways. I too experience...
  • Commented on Is that $300 Burning A Hole In Your Pocket? Try Speed-Reading!
    Your post is very interesting! I had not really heard about speed reading before this class, and you blog gives good information and personal experiences on it. I can understand how we do not retain as much as soon as...
  • Commented on The Chipotle Manipulation
    I agree with your blog. I am very interested in marketing and advertising and often catch companies displaying false advertisements. It is frustrating that companies have such a hard time sticking to the truth and presenting who they actually are....
  • Commented on Autism: What are the Chances?
    I often think about children with disabilities, and feel that they should be treated just like any other child. Learning about the probable cause of autism was really interesting. It is sad when parents don't treat their child equally just...
  • Commented on Who decides who I love?
    Your blog provided really good information and posed really good questions at the end, questions I would be interested in learning the answer to! I have heard that men are attracted to women who can produce viable offspring and that...
  • Commented on Out-of-Body Experiences: The Mind-Body Problem
    An 'out-of-body experience' is a very interesting topic to me. I am fascinated with the possibility of this occurrence. Hearing peoples' stories really intrigue me, and I would love to know the true meaning behind these. Great post!...
  • Commented on I'm not blind, I can see with my ears!
    This post is so interesting to read. It is sad to hear the boy lost his sight, but it is amazing to learn about the new strategy he used to see. It is so amazing that our brain can change...
  • Posted Can you hear that??? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    The mosquito is not just an annoying insect anymore. It is actually an electronic device that emits a high pitched sound, called the "teen buzz," that can usually only be heard by people under 25. Why you ask? Well, as...
  • Commented on Shot at Point Blank Range and She is Walking, Talking, and Living a Normal Life
    Her story is so sad. It is amazing the recovery she has made. She has come so far, and its wonderful to see her getting her life back. The facts you provided about plasticity and regaining brain function were very...
  • Commented on Seeing Your True Colors
    Your entry is very interesting! It provided a lot of facts about colorblindness that I was unaware of. It is very interesting to me to know how it works and how it can affect people differently. Not being able to...
  • Commented on Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader? The History Behind Intelligence Testing
    I think that this is an important topic because I feel that it is amazing that we are able to rate someone's intelligence and assign it a number. Intelligence is such a complicated idea, and is different for everyone, so...
  • Posted Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader? The History Behind Intelligence Testing to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Defining intelligence can be a tricky task. It can take many forms, and be difficult to assign a definition. Testing an individual's intelligence can also be tricky, because of the complexity it holds. There are many factors that are taken...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from nels7737

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page