norrb005

• Commented on Our Selective Memory
    Selective memory is a very interesting topic. Our ability to have a selective memory is both amazing and important. The fact that we have the ability to focus on the memories that we want to and forget some of the...
  • Commented on improve your life with psychology
    The relationship between memories and emotions are very interesting. Having emotional memories can help us make decisions and ipact our personalities, because both emotions and our personal memories are important. Being able to recall details for important memories like how...
  • Commented on Separated at Birth.
    While these twin studies are unethical and controversial, the data that research has been able to gather from twin studies is very useful for learning about the genetical basis for some disorders, diseases, and behavioral studies. I agree that studies...
  • Commented on Eating Disorder Causes a High Death Rate
    It's so sad that people, especially such young people struggle with poor self-image and the desire to be thin. While some people who struggle with the disease were never called fat or bullied about their weight, it's shocking that they...
  • Commented on Phineas Gage: A Tragic Story
    This is an amazing story. People often think that surviving traumatic accidents before today's modern accidents was by mere chance. Gage's story is both shocking and interesting because it shows the body's ability to respond to damage and cope after...
  • Commented on Things are never as simple as they seem
    Great job discerning between causation and seemingly related events. I have often wondered why people act the way they do on television shows because I don't usually see people acting aggressivly cut-throat or shadey when I work in groups. Nice...
  • Commented on What are the real effects of alcohol?
    Studies of alcohol and the causes and effects of alcoholism are very interesting. More and more people are becoming aware of the hazards of activities associated with alcohol. While drinking is a socially acceptable behavior in some cases, it is...
  • Commented on Why don't you understand what I'm SAYING?
    I used to be a debater, and rhetoric was always a crucial and interesting part of every debate. It's interesting and complicated how people establish their morals and how they value different things. While we can't always use logic to...
  • Commented on Tell Me When! [Leptin: Our body's hunger communicator]
    This is very a interesting topic. Are people who become obese as adults less receptive to leptin? Is it possible for people to gradually lose the ability to have that "full" feeling? It would be interesting to see the role...
  • Commented on Liar Liar
    Even though lie detectors are not relaible, some daytime television shows still use them as if they are completely reliable. Shows like Maury treat lie detectors as infallible just to make money....
  • Commented on The Effects of Authority & Our Future
    Some younger generations claim that they won't bow down to "the corporate man" or follow authority figures just for the sake of being in the crowd. It will be interesting to see if the effects of authority will continue to...
  • Commented on Don't Go To Bed Angry
    This is a very interesting topic. I have never thought about the impacts that my moods would have on the quality of sleep. It makes sense that being emotionally balanced and physically rested would work in tandem to have a...
  • Commented on The Power of Learning
    With so many learning tools and aids out there it can be very hard to find out which ones work best for an individual. I'm still guilty of pulling late-night reviews the night before tests, but I have found that...
  • Commented on What Controls Our Minds?
    I have been thinking about this topic throughout the term too. It is hard to tell when we are consciously making decisions and when are minds or others are deceiving us. The way that false memories can affect what we...
  • Commented on Rock A By Baby
    Sleep deprivation can impair so many everyday functions from driving to learning and even and communicating with other people. After a long week with many late nights it can be difficult to stay fully alert while driving, your comment about...
  • Commented on Animal Training, It's Pretty Simple
    I'm not really a dog person but I learned that operant conditioning also works wll with cats. Using treats to reward good behaviors works a lot better getting mad when they misbehave....
  • Commented on Beauty Throughout the Ages
    While more and more young people are struggling with poor self-image and resorting to extreme measures and eating disorders to fit other people's standards of beauty, it's shocking to me that more people don't talk about this serious issue and...
  • Commented on Taught in the classroom- Classical Conditiong.
    The different persuasive techniques in advertising are very interesting. The idea that a simple television or print ad can try to arouse an emotional response from the customer can be extremely powerful in the marketing world....
  • Commented on Disney in Love
    I love Disney movies and I grew up watching many of the classics. While many of the romantic relationships in those movies are based on similarity, proximity, and reciprocity, I don't believe that Disney movies portray realistic expectations of love....
  • Commented on Less is Definitely More
    The bystander effect is more common than it should be. If you think about the people that just stare when they see someone get injured, or people getting into a fight, or even getting bullied, the bystander effect is especially...
  • Commented on Feeling Groggy?
    The chapter on sleep cycles was one of the most interesting sections of this course. Learning about the changes in brain waves and pulse as the body goes through the different stages is very interesting. I've also learned that consistently...
  • Commented on Looking Forward: The Principles of Attraction
    I agree with you that proximity is an interesting factor of attraction. I had never stopped to think about the role of proximity in relationships but now that I think about the number of couples that meet at college or...
  • Posted The Science of Arousal to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    I had never really stopped to focus on the science behind many of the successful advertisements for large companies. In the next 5 years I will remember our discussion on the study of behavior, stimuli and responses, and how advertisements...
  • Commented on What do your pets say behind your back?
    I am often confused by how my cat acts. She will go from staring out the window, to running circles around the room, and then curl up on a chair and fall asleep like nothing happened. I am beginning to...
  • Commented on The Pasta-Chocolate Diet: Too Good To Be True?
    This blog does a good job of pointing out a subtle response to a big problem in society. It's sad that there is such a drastic difference between what society perceives as beautiful and what is obtainable through a reasonable...
  • Commented on Girls Can Be Aggressive Too!
    This feminine kind of aggression has recently started to gain attention. In the past people tended to ignore gossip as something that girls just did for fun, but gossip, bullying, and social exclusion can lead to instances of physical violence....
  • Commented on One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Stoned Fish
    I had never thought about the effects of excess human drugs contaminating lake water and the animals that live in it. Since maufactured drugs have such a dramatic impact on animals do natural supplements have the same effect?...
  • Commented on Love is Love
    This post offers good information about the debate over homosexual marriage. In response to the argument that homosexual parents will confuse the child's gender roles: wouldn't having a stay at home dad, and a working mother also break typical gender...
  • Posted Is Chocolate a Sign of True Love? to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    For video click here Is there more to love than hugs, kisses, or stuffed animals and chocolates on Valentine's Day? It seems like American popular culture focuses on the corporate and consumer symbols of love instead of the science...
  • Commented on Left Handed? Then, Different Minds!
    This is very interesting, I never thought about the cognitive differences between right-handed and left-handed people. I know someone who is left-handed for certain tasks like writing, but prefers to to use her right-hand for other tasks such as eating;...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from norrb005

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page