park0808

• Commented on Eternal Sunshine of the Uneraseable Mind
    It is unfortunate that memory loss can play such a big and negative role in our lives. Although ours might not be as in depth as the example you used, could you imagine what our lives would be like if...
  • Commented on Our Selective Memory
    I also find this section of the class on memory very interesting. I like how you used the growing cabinet as an example of how we gain more information every day, ditching that which is useless to us....
  • Commented on Why Do I Do What I Do?
    Which form of conditioning do you feel is most effective? I also found this section very interesting. It can be used in our every-day lives and especially as we enter the stage of our lives that is parenthood....
  • Commented on Psych 1001 Words of Wisdom
    I've also found a lot of the material we've covered to be both interesting and useful in our every-day lives. Some of the most important parts to us as students are sections on sleep and nutrition and their effects on...
  • Commented on Life is Short, Stay Awake for it
    I also find the chapter on sleep and the topic in general very interesting. Not only is it interesting, it can be very useful to us as college students in our every day lives. I've found that getting enough sleep,...
  • Commented on Snape, Snape, Severus Snape...
    I like that you used something we can all relate to, the Harry Potter series to explain the levels that form attractiveness. It provides an easier way to learn the material and as we learned, a more effective way as...
  • Commented on Animal Training, It's Pretty Simple
    As a dog owner, I also agree that positive reinforcement is an effective way to train an animal. However, I also believe negative reinforcement can be effective. In some cases, you have to be careful to balance conditioning with morals,...
  • Commented on Becoming a Parent
    I'd have to agree with you and the research that shows authoritative parenting is the most effective way to raise a child. Without the actual experience of raising a child, I can only base that on what I have seen...
  • Commented on Feeling Groggy?
    I definitely agree with you and notice the same effects when I'm sleep deprived. Especially going into my last few finals, I am trying to manage my sleep while getting all my studying done. I think the most important skill...
  • Commented on Nature vs. Nurture: Which matters more?
    What is your opinion? I think they both play a role however I think nurture is more prominent in deciding how we function and what our interests are. As we grow we are exposed to different atmospheres and experiences and...
  • Commented on Separated at Birth.
    As you pointed out, sometimes separation at birth can be unfortunate and uncool. However, I think sometimes it can also be a good thing. I have a close friend who was adopted as an infant out of a family living...
  • Commented on Beauty Throughout the Ages
    What do you think is the leading cause of the increase in eating disorders lately? I'd probably have to blame the media. Sometimes it has to do with a childhood experience of being made fun of or even relationship issues....
  • Commented on What are the real effects of alcohol?
    I agree with most everything you comment on in this blog. I think alcohol consumption is also different for every person, and some might have to be more careful than others. We're all in for a good time, but clearly...
  • Commented on Looking Forward: The Principles of Attraction
    I completely agree with your comment on proximity. I find it amusing how in high school, a lot of inter-group dating would happen. In each group of friends, there always seemed to be at least one couple that would date...
  • Posted Multiple Intelligence Score to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    The Theory of Multiple Intelligence was first proposed by Howard Gardner in 1983, defined as entirely different domains of intellectual skill. Gardner proposed the Theory of Multiple Intelligence as a model of intelligence that differentiates intelligence into various and specific...
  • Posted Long Term Potentiation (LTP) to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Long term potentiation is defined as the gradual strengthening of the connections among neurons from repetitive stimulation. This is apparent in many sports as well as activities we partake in every day life. In sports, you might practice the...
  • Posted Art Taken to a New Dimension to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    Edgar Mueller grew up in Germany with a childhood filled with art and a fascination with illusions. Around the age of 25, he decided to combine the two and began focusing mainly on 3d sidewalk art. Since then, he has...
  • Commented on Shot at Point Blank Range and She is Walking, Talking, and Living a Normal Life
    This is a really inspiring story. I read the article you linked to this blog and it said they don't know which part of her brain was affected, or at least hadn't released that information. It would be interesting knowing...
  • Commented on Adrenaline Miracle
    I have also seen this before, it's a truly amazing story. I think it's crazy what our body can do with the assistance of adrenaline. I knew it increased blood flow throughout the body, but had no idea it was...
  • Posted Nature vs. Nurture to Sections 24 and 25 SP12 PSY 1001
    This chapter focused on human development, that is, how and why we change. The area that interested me most was the portion on nature vs. nurture. Development by nature argues that we obtain our personalities and characteristics through genes...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from park0808

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page